TechSpot

Not sure if components are compatible

By Rory725
Dec 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hey techspot,
    Basically, I'm not sure if a few components will work with my current ones.
    I will be using my motherboard (Asus p5n-e sli) and plan on buying a corsair 120gb force 3 ssd. However I have seen mixed comments if ssds will work with my motherboard. I was also wondering if u find ram by another company but has the same timings, cas latency and speed but has different voltages does that matter? One last thing, I think I'll need to update my bios for a new CPU I'm thinking of getting. Anyway, I was wondering if I could use a memory stick but I'm not sure how. Any help would be greatly appreciated. U may think it's a wate of me getting a ssd when my Mobo doesn't fully support it but I plan on upgrading to ivy bridge when it comes out. Also would a corsair tx650 v2 be powerful enough to support sli gtx 570s? If no over clocking was done? Thanks Rory :)

2. PandoraProxy

PandoraProxy TS Rookie

AS far as the SSD, it should be compatible, but the main consensus is that these drives require a little Bios tweaking to work properly.

For your RAM, Just make sure that its DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) spec. with a 240pin interface and you'll be good, you don't need to worry about using memory from different manufactures.

Edit: Also Since the minimum system requirements for ONE of those cards is at least 550Watts, and you want to use two, I would find something with a bit more power.

3. Rory725

Rory725 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 31

Thanks pandora :) decided to go for a tx750 Incase I sli in the future. And what kind of bios tweaking are we talking about? I don't know much about my bios :/

4. PandoraProxy

PandoraProxy TS Rookie

No problem man.

Basically you just need to tweak the Serial ATA Controller from your Bios settings to make sure it works properly with Windows 7, nothing serious.