Notebook batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonNagual

Yeesh. Anyone else have a 19" wide monitor with a Geforce GO 7800GTX GPU? I can not believe how fast my battery runs out!

The cpu is the Pentium M 760, and it automatically underclocks itself to 800Ghz for power consumption when browsing the internet.

I literally can watch the power meter drain about a percent per minute. I have already turned the GPUs power consumption down to the lowest settings.

I guess I need to buy about 3 more batteries before I take my next flight anywhere!

Yea, I know what you mean Don. Mine only last about 1 hour - 2 hours at most. So I guess you're best beat is to buy those batteries.

Or invest in some 'older' games like Tic-Tac-Toe, or Chess, or Sudoku that you can run in Black & White.
Especially Tic-Tac-Toe should really stimulate the brain, I've been told!

On a different note, did you ever LOOK at the battery-life when you were selecting a new laptop?

My friend has a Sony Vaio and his battery only lasts 15-20mins. He bought a new battery and it has the same problem!!!

Hum. I don't remember posting in this form?? Must have been at night/ in the morning.

If you can have a small back pack then you could get a small 12vdc battery and then a small inverter say 120watts (about 20-40$$) and it will convert 12vdc into 120vac (max 240 watts) which should be more then efficient. I use a a small 12volt battery from one of those little toddler cars. It can last 3 days straight 24/7.

It just take some basic modification and can also work in a car. Then it is just like plugging it into an outlet.

I hope you have American standard outlet or else this won't work.

I have a 90 watt laptop in this type of configuration.

I dont have an american outlet. CAn you possibly attach a pic of what you have done to your laptop though. Just wanna check it out. BTW is there any other solution??? Is this problem curable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back