Notebook listing reveals June launch for Nvidia GTX 480M

By Matthew
May 3, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well folks, it was only a matter of time before someone amassed the courage to stuff one of Nvidia's smoking hot, power chugging Fermi GPUs into a notebook. Although the company has been quiet about mobile versions of its latest graphics technology, a product page by Eurocom all but confirms that laptop derivatives of Fermi are on the way.

Read the whole story
  2. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I would have expected them to release it in the fall in anticipation of a cold winter. You can use the laptop in bed for a half hour of gaming, then just slide it next to you to keep you warm all night long.
  3. Wow, I'm just waiting for the class action suit.
  4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,049   +84 Staff Member

"Plaintiff seeks compensation for seared flesh on thighs and other extremities..."
  5. Everybody's just getting trolled by Eurocom, who is obviously offering this unannounced part for the free advertising it's getting them all over the internet.

Besides, their 360M is apparently a DX11 part instead of DX10.1 like everyone elses, and you get $20 off.

Also, 100W for a top end mobile Fermi chip doesn't sound so bad if the earlier nV GPUs on there really do suck 65-75W.
  6. tonylukac

tonylukac TechSpot Maniac Posts: 841   +20

@gwailo247 Reminds me of reading about the new macbook pros where the cpu temperature reaches 100 degrees celcius not to say how hot the aluminum case gets. Progress.
  7. whiteandnerdy

whiteandnerdy TechSpot Member Posts: 71

they should include a free pare of Nomex pants with this purchase just incase
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.