Nothing displays to the screen.

By majunior
Nov 13, 2004
  1. I recently got all of the parts I need in order to build a computer. When I installed everything and hooked it up to the monitor, nothing was being displayed. I thought the monitor might be bad, so I tried another monitor and still nothing. I thought maybe my motherboard was bad, so I replaced it with another motherboard and processor that my friend told me worked in his computer, and still nothing was displaying to the screen. I tried replacing the power supply thinking the old one wasn't supplying enough juice and still no bios is being displayed to the screen. Can anyone help me?
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

We need more info first please fill in your system specs in at the top of this page(click on edit profile).

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. Gunny

Gunny TS Rookie Posts: 66

If nothing, not even the first boot screen, is displaying then the hardware is not even being detected/recognized. You may need to:

a) get a BIOS update/upgrade
    b) change your BIOS settings for your monitor(s)
    c) change either your processor or your monitor to one that is compatible

I don't know how you will be able to do either (a) or (b) though.

It could also be due to a broken circuit, a faulty connector or a faulty component on your motherboard or a faulty or loose cable in your computer. You might want to recheck everything very carefully.

I presume your monitor is hooked up, plugged in and turned on.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.