Noticed Something?

By GM360
May 11, 2008
  1. ryu88

ryu88 TS Rookie

lol..ture yeah...even i wonder but i think it ws more of a disappointment coz the game didnt keep u interested in u keep doin the same stuff and aftr the initial 'thing' is over i guess its pretty much a boring game..
  2. GM360

GM360 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 19

man.. so disappointed.. shame on Crytek... maybe they meant it to be like that so that people will buy the 8800 and 9800 series.. coz maybe Nvidia was having a hard time selling those cards..
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Why post this. It looks suspecious considering your post count. I'm not sure of all the tricks the industry uses for gameplay footage, I know that sometimes they do use prerendered footage in their videos, perhaps Crysis used the same. It isn't just Crysis that looks fantastic in trailers and then performs sluggishly on home PCs.

ryu88, how was Crysis a disappointment? What were your expectations? It was a good game and required good hardware to run. There was no doing of the same stuff over and over, the game was very dynamic. I suspect you never played it, or if you did you never got past the first level.

GM360, nvidia was not having any problems selling 8800 series cards, and the 9800s weren't even out when Crysis was released.
  4. GM360

I know, I was just speculating. Because I expected Crysis to run smoothly. But sadly it didn't reach my expectation.
  5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

How many games really run in consumers' computers as smoothly as they are demoed in PR videos or at gaming expos? Do these demos ever say what kind of PCs and graphics settings were used?
  6. Godzaghe

Godzaghe TS Rookie

I hope Crysis 2 comes out this year.
  7. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

I can tell you that the game runs nice and smooth for me at 1920x1200 ;)
  8. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

LNCPapa, stop showing off! ;)
  9. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

Can't help it - gotta do it for a little while at least - just built the new beast ;)
  10. GM360

And take note guys.. I've heard that during CES 2007 Crysis was runing at 60+ FPS at a resolution of 2048x1536 and with DirectX 10 enabled. How come were having a hard time running the game well infact it was only a single 8800GTX that was being used in CES 2007.

Full Article here:,1286.0.html
  11. skitzo_zac

skitzo_zac TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 418

Crysis looks amazing, and because of its beauty it takes killer hardware to run.

Ummmm get over it?
  12. mopar man

Maybe because they know tweaks that we can't do? I know its random, but it may be true. :/

I agree with skitzo_zac!
  13. GM360

exactly! I'm doubting that there's something that's locking up the game to make it slower, then once Nvidia and ATI releases the new cards, those guys at crytek will release a new patch designed for those cards and somehow unlock something to make the game faster. LOL
  14. Acclamator

Acclamator TS Rookie Posts: 261

Those that use the Source Engine. The best engine ever.
  15. mopar man

Well, would be without Steam, in my opinion, stated for the 393939th
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.