Ntdll.dll!AtlAllocateHeap+0x18c Running Repeatedly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explorer.exe opens after a reboot when the 1st program is started. It takes 25% of cpu and takes about 1 minute to complete the action. This I can accept, but after this, explorer does the exact same thing whenever any program is run. The attached screenshots show that ntdll.dll!AtlAllocateHeap+0x18c seems to be the culprit.
I have reinstalled winxp sp3 to no avail. I'm just totally stumped. Help please.

service pack 3 won't help that. what antivirus software are you running? if any what does it say? sorry if these questions seem basic but sometimes they can provide information about the infection even if they can't delete it. its obvious that you have some spyware. by the way, i can't see it that well, but that does not look like a valid explorer.exe popup box so disregard anything that box says.

Ntdll.dll!AtlAllocateHeap+0x18c

I'm using Comodo av, and a-squared anti-malware. Also have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed but not active globally (manual operation).

I deep scan my computer about every 15 days. Using Comodo and A squared. I also have PSI active globally. I have a large number of positive hits in quarantine and currently I'm only seeing tracking cookies. I will run scans with all three programs "just in case."

The box in the uploaded pics is the properties view of process explorer.

Thanks for the reply. I'll post the results of the scans later.

pardon my brain fart but I did not zoom into the uploaded pic.....duh. The best practice is to only use 1 anti-virus software. also if they are needed, trash the stuff in quarantine. alot of spyware manifests itself in explorer.exe. we look foward to results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back