ntfs.sys blue screen problem on Vista Ultimate 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm new here, and as you can see, i'm looking for some help.

I've got this problem with my PC:

Some days ago after I updated some DirectX stuff in my computer (In order to play a game called Braid), my computer started acting strange. The CPU was showing a 100% use but I could not see what was the process or processes doing this since everything was really slow and I chose to press Power button to turn it off (Not the forced power down, but windows one). After that, the computer showed the first BSOD referring to NTFS.sys and of course rebooted.
I've got a Dual Boot with Fedora 10 and Windows Vista Ultimate 64, so in the grub part, instead of loading Windows, and just after the grub part, the system showed a NTLDR message which I couldnt read because it happened too fast and the system rebooted itself once more.

After that, Windows rebooted normally but every program I tried to open, closes abnormally (IE 8, Kaspersky AV, WM Live, Windows Explorer, etc).
So I Restored the system to a previous state and everything started to work normally again (with a few crashes here and there, but not that often), until yesterday which my computer stopped opening websites and MSN Live, but with BitTorrent tasks active (P2P downloads were working, even pings to google.com, so I discarded IPS DNS-related problems). After that I rebooted and got the NTFS.sys BSOD again... And here I am, without a clue about what to do... So if someone can help me, I would appreciate it so much.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the big post.

Now I'll post technical info and minidump file (from yesterday, since the first one is gone).

*Processor: 2,30 gigahertz AMD Phenom 8650 Triple-Core (A.k.A Phenom X3)
*Memory: 3840 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot 'DIMM0' has 2048 MB​
Slot 'DIMM1' has 2048 MB (Both Markvision@800Mhz, don't know latency).​
*Motherboard: Board: MSI MS-7309 1.0
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz, BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. V9.4 02/17/2009​
*Hard Drive: SAMSUNG HD501LJ SCSI Disk Device (500,11 GB)
*Sound Card: PCI Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer.
*Ethernet 1: Integrated to MoBo, nVidia chipset.
*Ethernet 2: PCI Realtek RTL 8139.
*Video Card: Integrated: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Don't know if i'm missing something here.

Thanks again and again, sorry for such a big post, just wanted to give all info i could.

I'm sorry. I didn't see there was a section called: BSOD Help & Support. If some moderator could move this Thread to that section, I would appreciate it a lot. Sorry for mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back