ntfs.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum so pls to meet you.
I came across this forum because I was getting desperate....
I am using a home build computer that have 2 hard drives (80GB and 120GB), running windows xp pro. It was working fine ( the last thing I done was to watch a movie) when I start it this morning, I give me the message windows can not start because ntfs.sys is missing or corrupted.....
I search the web for answer/ help etc. etc. ....I read the article from Microsoft and try everything I can think of... I try to use the XP pro CD.... it stalled at the the blue screen with the heading Windows Setup and nothing below.... try to boot the machine with norton, work, but just keep scanning A drive and give error message for all the other drive letter.... try to boot with diskette (bootable disk file program from Microsoft), Bios is set to read disk drive first but is not doing it.....it load all the drive (A, master harddrive, slave hard drive, CD rom drive etc)....but didn't run the disk.... what to do? any suggestion? What can cause this?

What are the brands and models of the two drives?
Totally uninstall Norton, then run a drive fitness test from the manufacturer of each drive you have... I suspect one of the drives has gone bad...
Disconnect one drive, and try the other, then reverse.
We find that the NTFS.Sys error is usually a hard drive, but it is still turning so you can save the data enclosed on it.
Then sometimes you can reformat the drive, and reinstall Windows, but I doubt you will get anywhere trying to fix it or repair the software on it by any other method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back