Ntkrnlmp.exe causing BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

I've been having some occasional totally random BSODs lately and it seems, upon analysis of my most recent minidump, that ntkrnlmp.exe caused at least one of them. I only had one minidump file to analyze because I accidentally had turned on the option to delete old minidumps whenever a new one is made. Does anyone know what ntkrnlmp.exe is or how it could be causing a problem?

EDIT: I'm using Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

I tried to upload a minidump, but its bigger than 200kb, and the forums won't let me post it...

Um you are going to be a tad saddened, but:
BugCheck D1, {737ae37c7, 7, 1, fffffa800630c5a4}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe
Is very general ! ie:

Make sure all your drivers are up to date
Un-install things such as personal Firewall, or try replacing with another Antivirus
Run Memtest

At this stage it is unknown :(

I'd say yes
But who knows, it's just a guess

You didn't want to say if you updated your drivers, and ran Memtest ? (because that would be a better guess ;) )

Oh sorry. Drivers are all updated. I'll run Memtest tonight... I've never used it before. Do I have to sit there and watch it? Or can I leave it run while I sleep?

Also, I had another BSOD at about 4:30 PM today, but there's no minidump for it in the folder...

I never did run memtest :( but I did upgrade my CPU, and the problem seems to have vanished...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back