I'm setting up a brand new system from scratch:

Seagate 500GB Serial ATA HD 7200/32MB/SATA-3G
AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition 4MB Socket AM2+
Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe AMD790FX Socket AM+ MoBo
ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB PCIe
550W Power Supply
DVD-RW (Set as Master IDE)
CD-ROM (Set as Slave IDE)

Everything connected up fine, and the system brought up the BIOS no problem. I booted from my XP Pro SP1 CD (full version not upgrade) and started to install the OS onto the blank hard drive. Computer finished installation, but upon reboot it says

NTLDR Missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to Restart

I've checked and re-checked the settings in BIOS and everything is as it should be, yet I can't seem to get Windows to install correctly onto the HD. I've tried doing the NTFS(Quick) and normal NTFS installation, both finish fine, but upon reboot error out. I've also gotten a couple BSODs:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0x0000000a)

and another:

(0x0000008e, 0xc0000005, 0x80829f42, 0xf300e72c, 0x0000000)

I'm at work right now, and I've burned a CD with Sea-Tools onto it... but I won't get a chance to try in until later.

Any idea as to what is going on?

Thanks!

Finally!

After 5 hours of tweaking, finally got it to load Windows. Appeared by temporarily changing the RAM from 1066MHz to 800MHz while loading the OS fixed the problem. Then once the OS was loaded I was able to reset it back to 1066MHz. If anyone else is having trouble with the same ASUS Mobo, give me a holler, because by now I know that thing front to back! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back