NTLDR is missing press Ctrl+Alt+Del

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
am having problems with my two Dell Optiplex mashines. One had viruses, i cleaned and the other one was not working properly which i decided to format the mashine and reinstall windows. During installation it was freezing so i thought the hard disk (SEAGATE sata) had some problems, i decided to remove the hard disk without shuting down the mashine, then i took another hard disk (SEAGATE sata) from same model optiplex which i was scanning. This HDD was connected throught IDE to SATA device externally on another mashine. After i connected the HDD to this mashine which was on, i restarted the computer then i gave me the NTLDR is missing error while trying to boot. I thought the disk is corrupted but amazing while connected the other HDD gave me same error. I changed the mashines but still can boot, even i took another new HDD sata same SEAGATE but can not work on these two mashines same error!

What to do or what can be the course of problem?
Please help!

Makota.

NTLDR is Missing

Hey there...

This one can be real tricky to solve but there's a step by step solution on the website below that i've had success with.

This error appears when NTLDR's attributes have been altered or there is another problem with NTLDR.

To try the most common solution for this, read the following article:

PS: NTLDR is missing. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart.
proposedsolution.com/solutions/ps0013.php

If the above does not fix it you may need to follow the Windows Boot Troubleshooting Guide on that site.

Hope this all helps.

Oh...by the way, you'll probably have to paste that URL into your browser cause the site won't let me post a proper URL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back