Ntldr not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverzero89

i loaded win7 on to a blank drive and when i try to boot from it it says ntldr not found. how is this possible? and how do i fix? after the install everything worked fine until it told me to reboot after getting and installing the updates.

i figured a way out of my problem. i just loaded vista from the disk that the comp came with, then loaded win 7 and everything went fine.

for some reason i think that the setup program for 7(downloaded from msdnaa) uses the files from(or at least some of the files, like ntldr) the os already on the drive. this was an install on a drive that had been formatted to get a good clean drive, so those files were not there.

thanks for the link, kimsland.

edit: i also experienced the same problem on another install of 7, but i rebooted and it had fixed itself or had found ntldr where it had not before. needless to say i thought this was weird.

its the RTM, 7600 build and it works great! i love it, so much i bought it off of ultimatesteal.com(a student discount site) that will come with a disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back