Nv4_mini.sys Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello this is my first post :)

I have a Inspiron 9300 with a Geforce go 6800 Vid card. My comp was running smoothly and i was playing World of warcraft when all of a sudden my comp locked.. then blue screened after some keyboard mashing lol... The error i got was with the Nv4_mini.sys... i tried uninstalling all the nvidia drivers and installing fresh ones.. but usually when i do that i can't even boot up windows... During the boot screen alot of werid colors are in my screen and sometimes it even pops up a black screen full of ligns and just locks up. I can run my comp without any vid card drivers installed but there are a bunch of yellow ligns in my screen that seem to follow my mouse pointer around the screen. I absolutly have NO idea waht could be causing this but im assumed with my vid card drivers uninstalled and its still happening.. can't really be my vid card burnt out or anything? please i need some help

Sounds like a hardware issue. Did you ground yourself out before installing the card? Is the card firmly seated in the slot? Are any power connections to the card secure?

On the other hand, it could be overheating. Wait a while, then turn it back on and check the temperature in the nvidia control panel.

The card has been in the laptop since purchased (2 septembers ago). I haven't opened it up and checked the card no. And i can't check the nvidia control pannel because everytime i install the drivers i can't even get windows booted passed the windows loading screen it just pops a black screen full of ligns etc... and like the comp runs perfect without vid card drivers installed but there are still yellow chunks all over my screen that follow my mouse cursor around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back