Nvidia 260.99 graphics driver install failed

Hey guys,

Windows Vista 32-bit
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core processor 6400 +
2gb ram
Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT

So I went to Nvidia and downloaded the latest driver, at the time it was 260.89 I believe and it failed, and so does the most current driver (260.99). But when I tried to download it my first time (260.89), it totally changed everything:

1. Now I can't play ANY games because it gives me error messages like "Unable to initialize renderer"
2. DxDiag only shows "N/A" next to basically everything under the Display tab.
3. The sleep option is now grayed out

Whenever I try to download the drivers again the Graphics Driver installation always fails.

So what the hell happened? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi Nohone welcome to Techspot,

have you tried doing a rollback on the graphics card? this will hopefully revert your drivers back to the origional setup. You can do this from the hardware setup OR via system restore and re-set your computer BACK to a date before you installed the drivers. This wont effect your personal files but MAY effect any new software you may have installed.

Also make sure you ahve downloaded the correct drivers for it i.e. the VISTA-32 bit drivers instead of the VISTA-64 bit drivers.

A link for the latest driver for your graphics card can be found here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-260.99-whql-driver.html

Hope this helps
James

Hi,
It fails to install on my Desktop XP Pro system to, first time i have ever had nvidia driver issues. I uninstalled old one 260.89, rebooted ran driver sweeper rebooted and 260.99 fails to install. Hope they fix it soon.

Back