Nvidia 440 GT monitor problem

ViktorDi

[FONT=arial]I bought new nvidia 44o gt card 4 days ago and everything is ok,but my monitor don't start when I turn on the pc,I need to restart from the button on the case,I've updated the drivers but again the same.And when I turn off the PC the monitor won't go to standby mode,just shows check signal cabel.I have Samsung monitor.[/FONT][FONT=arial]The monitor is samsung 17''s/n 4123,the resolution is 1280x1024,refresh rate is 60hz,the cabel I VGA and I didn't make any changes on the video card settings[/FONT]

450w

but the pc is working fine I mean with games etc.But I just have this starting problem with the monitor

PSU is fine. Min Psu is 300w. Have you check in the bios to make sure it switch to the PC express . and is still not stating on board video.

No that is where it should be. I would try checking your card settings . Plus recheck the connection for the monitor to the PC. You are running a VGA connection or are you running DVI

They should be in your control panel on the start menu. There should be a Nvidia Icon marked Nvidia Control panel

Go to your start up menu . Look to the right, You will see control panel. Click on this. Once the window open Look for a Nvidia Icon. Then click on that. This should take you to the settings for your card. Plus have you installed the latest drivers for your card yet?

Go to your start up menu . Look to the right, You will see control panel. Click on this. Once the window open Look for a Nvidia Icon. Then click on that. This should take you to the settings for your card. Plus have you installed the latest drivers for your card yet?
yes I've instaled,I mean what specifically in the nvidia control panel?

Try your making sure you are set up for one display. Also try changing your refresh rate. If this dose not work Do you have a extra VGA cable you can swap out. Plus is your monitor set on its native resolution. You can also try reseating the card. This is about all I can think of. I am running out of Ideals

If your monitor was fine and worked right before you installed the card, It could be the card has a default. The card should have a warranty on it. You should see if you can get it exchanged.

Back