Nvidia 7600GS or 8600GT

By Robin997
Oct 15, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello everyone!!

I am planning on buying a new graphics card for my pc and was wondering what would be the best (cheap) graphics card to buy for around £40

The two graphics cards i am most interested in for by budget is the 7600GS or the 8600GT.

I have an amd athlon 64 3800 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD and currently a pathetic Nvidia 7300LE, oh and a 20.1" screen.

i need to be able to play games like Test drive unlimited (which runs so laggy it's unplayable at the mo), FSX, Crysis, TW08, COD4, etc+

i am not really bothered at running crysis at max settings for instance, i just need a card which costs around £40 that can handle the pc games i have mentioned at a resolution of 1680x1050, and be able to play the games mentioned fairly well and running smoothly.

so, should i go for the 7600GS or the 8600GT???

any advice appriciated:)
  2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,281   +24

Try this instead as a much more powerful alternative to both of those cards.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.