Nvidia bundles Metal Gear Solid V with new graphics cards

Scorpus

Staff member

Nvidia has announced a new game bundle for their high-end GeForce graphics cards, giving gamers a free copy of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain with qualifying purchases at participating retailers.

The graphics cards that will come with Metal Gear Solid V at select retailers worldwide are the GeForce GTX 960, 970, 980 and 980 Ti. Some gaming notebooks with a GTX 980M or 970M inside will also come with a free copy of the game.

The new Metal Gear Solid V bundle replaces Nvidia's previous bundle that gifted graphics card buyers The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and/or Batman: Arkham Knight. Like with the previous bundle, the redemption code you get for MGSV will allow you to download the game after its release on September 15th.

As you might expect, Metal Gear Solid V will be an Nvidia-sponsored title, although it looks like the game will not integrate any GameWorks features. However, Nvidia does say the title will "benefit greatly" from the company's other technologies, such as Dynamic Super Resolution and SLI.

Nvidia's new game bundle is already available through Amazon on a wide variety of graphics cards, and the offer will last from now until October 1, 2015.

Permalink to story.

Just perfect....am now shopping for a card and the gtx 960 seems the more likely choice for me.

Well, We know how it works out this year. The dog will have decent fur at the expense of ridiculous frame rates on anything except SLI TitanX. At least game codes will be available dirt cheap.

Well, We know how it works out this year. The dog will have decent fur at the expense of ridiculous frame rates on anything except SLI TitanX. At least game codes will be available dirt cheap.
Did you even bother reading the article?
article said:
it looks like the game will not integrate any GameWorks features. However, Nvidia does say the title will "benefit greatly" from the company's other technologies, such as Dynamic Super Resolution and SLI.
MGSV: GZ (preview for MGSV: PP) was also one of the better PC games in terms of optimisation, controls and graphical fidelity.

For the love of the game, NVidia please include the Philippines for your free game codes.
most if not all retailers that I know of don't have free game codes for purchase of NVidia gtx 960, 970, 980+.

I love how nvidia has fallen so far as a company, that even when they give something away for free, most people's initial reaction is dread and skepticism.

I love how nvidia has fallen so far as a company, that even when they give something away for free, most people's initial reaction is dread and skepticism.
This year only Batman, ProjectCars and Witcher 3 reminded us badly that there is nothing for free. Those dumb enough to preordered or those who bought it fresh out of the print lost their nerves, time and maybe money. We all as a PC gamers lost too, to nVidia's attempt to monopolize the market with their closed standards and sloppy execution. I would like to believe they won't put their fingers into MGS, as there is hardly enough stealth games out there and I was counting on it this last year. But You never know.

I don't know that "most" people are reacting with dread - I think I really want this game, but I've recently purchased so many video cards that I doubt I'll be making another purchase during the Maxwell lifetime. I'll have to find another way to get this game or decide once it's released if I want to spend my hard-earned money on it. There are plenty of MGS fans out there that are happy to see this release to PC within a reasonable amount of time.

Witcher 3 has also turned out to be one of the best games I've ever played and I got that for free with one of my GPU purchases.

I'm just annoyed that I purchased 3 TitanX cards and got NOTHING for free... despite purchasing the Titans during the Witcher beta thingy, I didn't actually install them until after the beta was over... so people who spent $300-500 get freebies, and I get nada...

Proves I'm a sucker...

In my view this is the 3rd time nvidia has screwed me over. I bought my gtx 980 from best buy because no specials were going on online. a week later nvidia began bundling the witcher 3 and arkham knight with the 970 and 980 and I had no chance of being a person to take advantage of that. about a month and a half later they release the gtx 980 ti which dropped my 980 down about $200, I was pissed. now they're bundling mgs5 with their flagship gpus. we should be able to send nvidia a dxdiag report and whatever other info they want to prove we own the card and be able to get some sort of prize.......I blew 600 and something on a 980 and haven't been able to take advantage of any of the offers. some of this could probably be blamed on myself but I dont care. I gave that company 600 usd WITHOUT tax. they should treat every customer the same and give every customer new or old these kind of deals.

Now don't get me wrong - I'm pissed that I got no "freebies" when I purchased my cards... but we can't blame anyone other than ourselves...

I knew the price of my cards when I bought them - and I was NOT promised ANYTHING in return.... and I bought them anyways!!

I can complain - but I'm not complaining to Nvidia - I'm just bemoaning my own stupidity...

Thank you for being adult about it Squid. As you said, you knew what you were getting when you bought it so you got what you felt at the time was a fair price. I get upset at myself when I miss out on a good deal - not the seller. Most people seem to have a sense of entitlement that equates to the seller hunting them down to give them the best possible deals... doesn't work like that. Most often, if you're going to buy early you will get the worst deal. After the newness has worn off, if you waited that long, you need to plan your purchases for a good sale period and if it's long enough you need to check historical data to see what equates to a good deal. You should buy early enough that the item is not about to become obsolete and maybe you will need to buy at a time when you can still get a decent amount selling what you already own before what you own becomes totally unwanted. It's all about timing and research.

Thank you for being adult about it Squid. As you said, you knew what you were getting when you bought it so you got what you felt at the time was a fair price. I get upset at myself when I miss out on a good deal - not the seller. Most people seem to have a sense of entitlement that equates to the seller hunting them down to give them the best possible deals... doesn't work like that. Most often, if you're going to buy early you will get the worst deal. After the newness has worn off, if you waited that long, you need to plan your purchases for a good sale period and if it's long enough you need to check historical data to see what equates to a good deal. You should buy early enough that the item is not about to become obsolete and maybe you will need to buy at a time when you can still get a decent amount selling what you already own before what you own becomes totally unwanted. It's all about timing and research.
I did my research and no deals were going on and I'm not a psychic wizard so how am I supposed to find deals that aren't there yet especially when there's no forewarning of such deals. this was at a time when the gtx 980 was out for over half a year before I made my purchase.so the buying early theory is out the window. I don't expect the company to track me down considering I can contact them instead with proof of my ownership. major companies like this that are ahead in the market need to consider an approach that allows grandfathering customers in on deals that come out after said customer had already made a purchase. if I were running the company I would be allowing the grandfathering method and would give deals to any and all customers that request it granted they can provide me proof of ownership. considering there's no demo system when it comes to pc games anymore something like the granfather approach should definitely be considered anyways since a new game is $60 usd and we can't even test it before purchase. this new metal gear solid deal came out well after the 980 was considered new as well. that do your research before you buy early comment was kind of a **** thing to say. I know how to research and I'm not a retard. it's just a matter of luck when it comes to deals like this.

First of all - I didn't say it specifically to you. nVidia always has a rotating set of gifts come out for their flagship GPUs so it's a matter of deciding if you can wait for it or not - and being ready to buy when it does happen. Second, if you ran your company like that you would be broke. These deals rotate in when deals are struck with other companies - there's no way you could hand down all the deals you're giving to your customers now to all your previous customers. It doesn't make sense - if getting what you think you're paying for is not good enough then don't pay it. If getting the extra game is so important then just wait or buy something else. I don't understand how people can get upset at the company because they decided to offer up something new or extra at a later date. Prices normally go down over time - this is another way to help hold prices at the same or close rate for a longer period of time. Do you think the deal nVidia made with the developers of these games was for retail prices? No way could nVidia afford that so a deal was struck - and no way would the developer allow an unlimited number of copies to be sent out at too good a deal so a middle ground has to be establish. A set number of vouchers/licenses at a set value. That way both companies can benefit with guaranteed sales to the developer + good word of mouth if the game is good - and hopefully increases or maintained sales of nVidia GPUs at fairly consistent prices even though the items may be aged.

Back