TechSpot

Nvidia CEO dismisses x86 chip development rumors

By Jos
Nov 9, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Despite a recent flurry of rumors suggesting otherwise, Nvidia's chief executive says the company is not working on an x86-compatible chip to go against Intel. Speaking after an earnings conference call, Jen-Hsun Huang said their focus is still "very, very clear" and that is to concentrate their efforts on the graphics processors field and closely related parallel computing cards like the Tesla line.

Read the whole story
  2. freedomthinker

freedomthinker TS Enthusiast Posts: 140

Oh man ... :D I was hoping to see if this were true :/ too bad , but still it was fun :D
  3. Timonius

Timonius TS Booster Posts: 581   +32

It does seem like there is an Intel/Nvidia 'alliance' though. Just like AMD/ATI.
  4. JieMan

JieMan TS Rookie Posts: 65

This has been a big joke for awhile,, even if it were true they would never be able to produce chips in the class of Intel or Amd.
    I'll say it again NVIDIA will never make a cpu , but rather emulate x86 on a GPU.

When is the NVIDIA version of windows running on a GPU coming out?

Intel and NVIDIA are at each other throat right now.. and I think you'll find people with Intel cpu's run Ati just the same....

and the reason for the AMD/ATI alliance is AMD owns ATI ... duh

I for one own an AMD cpu and NVIDIA gpu's
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.