TechSpot

Nvidia confirms 333 FSB for AMD

By Snowy Commando
Aug 17, 2002
  1. I really hope that means that my Abit KX7-333 mobo will accept these newer Athlons using a 166(333) FSB as I know it can be manually set to those speeds and higher in the bios.

Maybe all it needs is a bios update when its time to upgrade to a faster Athlon down the line with the 166(333)FSB.

I was one of the unlucky people to have owned a KT133 mobo which could not support any new AthlonXPs at 266FSB and was forced to upgrade mobo again within 18 months to what i have now.

Anyone know about future FSB333 Athlons running on my mobo?

Note: we're not talking about the K8 Hammer, just the usual Athlon with higher spec FSB for more performance still.

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

The 166 FSB should be used in the 2800+, which should be announced a while after the 2400 & 2600+ ( August 21 / 26 ). The only chipsets said to support that FSB is the KT400 ( unofficially ) & the nForce2.

Many people allready have such an FSB by OCing so it just might work ( might is the keyword here ).

3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,305   +52 Staff Member

For many years, people complained about wanting a higher FSB, but I think they might be moving too fast now. A new FSB every several months is an upgrade nightmare.

4. Top_gun

Top_gun TS Rookie Posts: 81

Just the Barton will have the 333fsb or the T-bred might get it as well?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.