Nvidia demonstrates next generation Kepler Mobile graphics

By Shawn Knight
Apr 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia’s recent investor day was the perfect platform for CEO Jen-Hsun Huang to showcase the firm’s next generation mobile chip. Known as Kepler Mobile, the upcoming mobile hardware is derived from the high-end Kepler architecture that Nvidia uses for current-generation...

Read more
  2. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

Ok, now that is cool, How on earth did they get the Frostbite to engine to run on such a low powered device! Would love to know what kind of development went into making that possible.
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,854   +342

Typically when you are trying to compare your product to someone elses, you use the same scene, imo. Doesnt that sort of make sense?
    Mbloof likes this.
  4. distantreality

distantreality Newcomer, in training Posts: 53   +6

I was wondering the same thing why didn't they use the same video to compare and run a side by side etc..
  5. penn919

penn919 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 151   +12

I don't think Battlefield 3 is available on iPad...is it?
  6. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,676   +868

This seems really glitchy. The floating objects should have been fixed before this was shown off.
  7. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

Could not imagine playing BF3 with my fingers on a tablet.
  8. JC713

Yeah, that is why games will begin to go downhill in the next few years. Some may adopt touch interfaces.
  9. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

I wonder what the battery life will be like. 3-4 hours if having on blast like that?

It's still pretty darn cool... I don't care so much to have a full FPS running a tablet if I don't have a controller, or the option to connect it up to a larger display with controller... but it basically allows limitless imagination for software interface and presentation.
  10. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,747   +1,421

If Windows 8 is any indication, you are absolutely correct.
  11. JC713

Yeah I was poking fun at Win 8.

12. distantreality

distantreality Newcomer, in training Posts: 53   +6

I don't believe it is but you never know. They do have bf2 on android! I have not played it but I have seen it in the store!
  13. JC713

I downloaded BC2 like 2 years ago. It sucks. EA releases it and calls it a day. It is so glitchy and hasnt been updated in forever.
  14. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,021   +87

This doesn't have just a better GPU... To play BF3 you need a good x86 CPU too (much better than what the IPAD has). I'm pretty sure that AMD isn't too far behind them, it's just that they are focused more on the APU's now (especially having all 3 big major consoles under their wing).
    Let's see AMD's response to this.
    JC713 likes this.
  15. JC713

AMD has something under their belt as you said Puiu. For example, their APUs will surpass Haswells performance.
    Puiu likes this.
  16. Mbloof

Mbloof Newcomer, in training Posts: 52   +6

So they showed some blurry low resolution scene in need of some serious AA and compared it to a blurry low resolution scene with some serious need for AA that has some shadows and particle effects? Big deal. They could of at least picked a cross-platform title so we'd be comparing the same scene.

I do agree that the next race on the agenda is high powered graphics that uses as little actual power as possible. Give me good battery life AND good looks. The CPU at this point is moot.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.