TechSpot

nVidia detonators : a new defense system ?

By Didou
Jun 1, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been having a few problems with the latest detonators, most recent one being the Icon issue.

Seeing as newer detonators aren't really optimised for GF4 generations, I decided to uninstall them & reinstall a previous version ( 4x.xx & the likes ).

Add/Remove programs is summoned & I can't find the nVidia display drivers entry. I just have a generic nVidia drivers. Oh well, I click on that, then click uninstall.

A new box shows up & offers me multiple choices ( What's this ? A survey of some sort ??? :suspiciou ).

• Remove all drivers, including display drivers
    • Remove all drivers, except display drivers
    • Remove only the following : & I can choose Audio driver, IDE driver, Memory Controller driver & PCI Management driver.

Exhibit A ->

[​IMG]

Argh !!! You tyran of a PC !!! I shall remove your good quality Ram & feed you nothing but generic crapola PC133 overclocked to PC2100 Ram if you keep this up !!! [​IMG]

Seriously, can't I just remove the display drivers by themselves ? :confused:

I did install the display drivers separate from the nForce drivers so why don't they show up individually ?
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

Didou is asking nVidia questions?

First thing is you need to do is to teach that computer english. I'm sure you've already fixed it, but if not; which MB drivers and which vid drivers are you running? I've come up with a few tricks for nVidia drivers since they went and put the video drivers in the motherboard drivers back in ver 3.13 and now redesigned nVmixer. What a ******* idea that was.

See me in IRC on Starchat server channel #3dspotlight (AKA the old name of Techspot website). Didou knows where it is but others might not. :)
  3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Topic Starter Posts: 5,899

/me reserves his right to use a non-English Windows...:p

I finally uninstalled them but it was not too pretty. I went in the device manager, click on the GF4 4200 & chose uninstall. After rebooting, I used a driver cleaner to make sure there weren't any leftover files.

After trying out the 45.23 drivers which did not fy MY PROBLEM, I went to the 56.72 & now everything seems to be working fine (after a bit of fiddling).:grinthumb
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.