TechSpot

NVIDIA GeForce 6800

By 3ffect89
May 16, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. its normal that my video card temperature level is 67* when im not playin no games or using any programs and when i lunch a game it gets to 70+????
    its pretty hot i think could burn anytime i think plz any advise thx
  2. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

I know that the 6800-Series cards are pretty warm, but it seems a bit (or somewhat) high for an idle temperature. I presume it's in celsius ;) . Make sure the fan is spinning properly and attatched correctly. Open up the side your your case and blow a fan onto the card. I would suggest that you buy something along the lines of this. I say something along the lines of this because I have not personally used a VGA Cooler on anything that I own, but I searched Newegg (great company if you live in the U.S., tell me if you live elsewhere so we at TechSpot can find the correct website for you :) ), and I searched for the best reviewed cooler, and that came up :D ! Good Luck :wave: !
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.