NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 about 18 months ago and had no problems with it. I was then forced to reinstall XP and I bought a new Gigabite K8 Triton motherboard and AMD Sempron 2800+ 1.6 GHz. Now whenever I play DVDs, Mpegs or avi files the picture becomes grainy, blurred and the colors are distorted. The problem can be corrected by activating the "NVKeystone" option, but this is a lengthy inconvenience and causes my mouse to judder. Is there a "quick fix" for this??

yeah, and i've tried installing the lastest driver too.

I've even had one of my friends who's a whizz at computers come around to have a look at the problem and he has no idea either.

Have you tried using the mobos graphics and seeing what happens??

IF it does not do the same as the graphics card i would say that the graphics card has had it and you need a new one!!

Let me Know what happens

Baltan

GMC1001: Disable keystone. Keystone works by rendering a normal 2D overlay as a 3D texture and a 5200FX isnt exactly the mac daddy of 3D video cards.

Next you will need to check how your videos are being rendered. I use zoomplayer to access all the decoder filter properties and player properties but there may be a more direct way. Default should be "overlay" Try VM7 or VM9, this should offer u the same quality u had using keystone without overstressing the 3D power of the card.

WOW.... cheers mate. I went into the Color Management option on the graphics card option and I noticed that the Desktop gamma ratio was 1.00 while the OVERLAY gamma level was at 6.00. I reverted it to 1.00 and now everything is working great!!!!!

Glad you were able to self discover the problem. Did you by accident change your gamma that high ? I have never heard of any program or default setting jacking up overlay gamma like that but ill but ill keep it in mind if someone else has the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back