Nvidia GeForce GTX 295 Dual GPU review

Julio Franco

Staff member
Balance has now been restored with the introduction of the GeForce GTX 295, giving Nvidia a weapon to compete for the performance crown.

The Nvidia GeForce GTX 295 dual-GPU graphics card features 1792MB of memory which corresponds to the memory capacity of two GeForce GTX 260 boards. However, unlike the Radeon HD 4870 X2 which is literally two Radeon HD 4870 products stuck together, the GeForce GTX 295 seems to be more of a hybrid, sharing specs of both GeForce GTX 260 and 280 products.

Therefore, what we have here is an insanely fast graphics card that should be more than capable of taking on the Radeon HD 4870 X2. But how fast is GeForce GTX 295 exactly? We will be exploring that next.

Read the full article at:
https://www.techspot.com/review/139-geforce-gtx-295/

Please leave your feedback here. Thanks!

Thx Julio, I'm glad I held off on my 4870x2 purchases. Now I have the option to go back to nvidia or save some cash with ati's price drops. Great article.

Wow...I can't get over how huge that card is. Guess size does matter 'cause it certainly looks like it'll give huge performance with optimized drivers. Heat and power consumption was relatively impressive too. Kudos to Nvidia...and for a fine article.

Will there be an article on the gtx 285. I know we spend more time at TS helping people fix issues and saving money oppose to spending money for quick fixes, I just think it may be an interesting read since some people say it would be comparable to a 4850x2 only a little better.

I am gunna wait a little while, and see what plays out...... and i do know how good the ATI cards are... I think I am going to stay Nvidia....anyway... we will have to see what happens!

Back