Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan II reportedly detailed alongside GTX 960

Scorpus

Staff member

As we're approaching two months on from the release of the GeForce GTX 970 and GTX 980, Nvidia is preparing to launch a few more cards to slot into their Maxwell line-up. Rumor has it that one of these cards will be the GeForce GTX Titan II, based on GM200 silicon.

The GTX Titan II will be manufactured using a 28nm process - the same as Nvidia's existing Maxwell parts - and will allegedly feature a whopping 3,072 CUDA cores: over 1,000 more than the GTX 980. There's also a wider 384-bit GDDR5 memory bus with lossless texture compression, connected to a huge 12 GB of memory.

Leaked clock speeds suggest the card will be running at 1,100 MHz with a 1,390 MHz boost and memory clocked at 6,000 MHz. With so many more CUDA cores than the GTX 980 (assuming these reports are accurate), the Titan II should easily take the performance crown, likely at an exorbitant price.

Alongside reports of a new Nvidia flagship, we're also hearing some murmurs about the GeForce GTX 960. A shipping record has potentially revealed the card's specifications, which include 4 GB of GDDR5 on a 256-bit bus, a 933 MHz core clock speed with 6,008 MHz on memory, and the usual array of graphics card display outputs (dual DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort).

The shipment record also lists a price per unit for the card of 15,474 Indian rupees, or around US$250. This is pretty much what you'd expect considering the GTX 970 retails currently for around $330.

As usual, there's no word on when Nvidia plans to release either of these cards. It seems that the GTX 960 will launch sooner rather than later, but the Titan II could be some months off.

Permalink to story.

So a Titan 2 would be a worthy successor to my 780? Nice...
I wonder if it'll be the only card out that can run AC:Unity above 30fps xD

I'm more excited about the gtx 960 than the Titan II
So a Titan 2 would be a worthy successor to my 780? Nice...
I wonder if it'll be the only card out that can run AC:Unity above 30fps xD
Why would you want to run AC:Unity above 30fps? Only at 30fps you can achieve DAT cinematic feel...

Well I guess we will have to wait and see what this card really brings because based on preliminaries it sounds like its going to be pretty powerful especially with that extreme boost clock.

It would be nice if Nvidia would release the GTX 960 before Christmas, I would buy one if the specs are good and the price is around $250.00

Back