NVIDIA GeForce2 MX

By Tech88240
Apr 1, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK so reinstalled Windows XP Pro on a pc and it works fine. Cust has a video card trying to install drivers for it and it always freezes it is now frozen in safe mode extraction nv4_disp.cat... In normal mode it freezes on "extracting nvcpl.cp_..." Not sure what is going on here. Cust does not have cds.
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

Assuming that the driver package is not corrupt (redownload a different version from a different location), test the RAM, test the hard drive.
  3. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,612   +81

I have Geforce3 Ti 200 and I just use Windows default graphics for it.
  4. Tech88240

Tech88240 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 29

I'm an *****:)

well now that I feel like a complete ***** I should have seen this a loooooonnng time ago but the hole reason I reinstalled was cause of a hd that was soon going to pass. Got a new hard drive and slaved the old hard drive so I could get the data off.... well i forgot to take off the old hard drive. So it was C: and the files were trying to extract to it.... as soon as I unplugged it it worked INSTANTLY

thanks for all help though!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.