NVIDIA GeForce2 MX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech88240

OK so reinstalled Windows XP Pro on a pc and it works fine. Cust has a video card trying to install drivers for it and it always freezes it is now frozen in safe mode extraction nv4_disp.cat... In normal mode it freezes on "extracting nvcpl.cp_..." Not sure what is going on here. Cust does not have cds.

Assuming that the driver package is not corrupt (redownload a different version from a different location), test the RAM, test the hard drive.

Tech88240 said:
OK so reinstalled Windows XP Pro on a pc and it works fine. Cust has a video card trying to install drivers for it and it always freezes it is now frozen in safe mode extraction nv4_disp.cat... In normal mode it freezes on "extracting nvcpl.cp_..." Not sure what is going on here. Cust does not have cds.

I have Geforce3 Ti 200 and I just use Windows default graphics for it.

I'm an *****:)

well now that I feel like a complete ***** I should have seen this a loooooonnng time ago but the hole reason I reinstalled was cause of a hd that was soon going to pass. Got a new hard drive and slaved the old hard drive so I could get the data off.... well i forgot to take off the old hard drive. So it was C: and the files were trying to extract to it.... as soon as I unplugged it it worked INSTANTLY

thanks for all help though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back