TechSpot

Nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware

By gamergurl021
May 10, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hey,
    I have a Zotac GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition graphics card. I have been trying to install my graphics card for quite some time now :/ When I open the installation driver, it says "nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware". I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager. The only graphics card I can find is the inbuilt Intel graphics. Can someone help me install my driver? Thanks!

2. gamergurl021

gamergurl021 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Should I uninstall my Intel driver?

3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,063   +919

Oh, you posted it here. Great. Disregard my other post then! Make sure it is properly fitted in the PCIe slot.

4. gamergurl021

Whats a PCle slot?

sorry for the silly questions. im an amateur :/

5. gamergurl021

Ohh the slot. okay got it!
    ill try that. thankyou so much.

6. JC713

These are PCI slots:
    [​IMG]
    The slot that holds graphics cards is the PCIe 2/3 x16. It isnt always blue.

What are the rest of your specs? CPU, Motherboard, power supply.

7. gamergurl021

4gb ram, 32bit operating system. Windows 7.
    now my monitor is not working!! The CPU works. But the green light on the monitor does not come on. Only the orange light is shown.

8. JC713

Is the monitor plugged into the GT610? Or is it plugged into the motherboard? That is your problem. Look to see where the GPU is on the back of your case. It will be under your motherboard. The graphics card will have a few DVI ports, plug them into the GPU.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.