Nvidia intros limited edition GeForce GTX 560 Ti with 448 CUDA cores

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Nvidia has announced a special edition graphics card just in time for the holidays. The GTX 560 Ti with 448 CUDA cores is positioned squarely between the existing GTX 560 Ti with 384 cores and the GTX 570 that features 480 cores.

Specifications on the 560 Ti 448 include a 1.46GHz clock on the CUDA cores, 732MHz for the graphics clock and 1.2GB of memory clocked at 3.8GHz. The card supports three-way SLI, DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI. Specs aside, we couldn't help but think it was a bit odd for Nvidia to release a holiday graphics card.

There’s actually some logic behind the move. This new card is built around the GF110 GPU that powers higher-end graphics cards like the GTX 580 and 570. The 580 features a fully functional GPU while the 570 is handicapped a bit. This new 560 Ti represents a further scaled back version of the same GPU.

Simply put, chips that couldn’t pass requisite testing for GTX 570 use but were still workable are being used for 560 Ti 448 cards. Once the supply of binned GPUs runs out for these cards, they will be gone forever, hence the limited edition moniker.

The card is available immediately for $289 in the US, Canada, France, Germany, UK, Russia and Nordic countries through the likes of MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, EVGA and Zotac. Early reviews on various branded cards look promising and as such, these are likely to sell out pretty quick. If you want one or more for SLI, we recommend making the purchase sooner rather than later.

Photos courtesy Toms Hardware.

Permalink to story.

Wha? This is not a 560 Ti variant, this is a 570 SE. I think Nvidia just didn't want to use the SE moniker after the GTX 460 slow edition jokes.

I wanna upgrade my 470 and although I think this out performs the 470 it's not a wide enough margin to make spending just under 3 bills worth it. What do you guys think?

btw lol @ slow edition. :p

The SE monkier is deffinately one that screams inferior/mediocre.

A quick look on websites here in the UK shows the GTX 560 Ti 448 retailing for £239 and the GTX 570 retailing for..... £239!

slh28 said:
A quick look on websites here in the UK shows the GTX 560 Ti 448 retailing for £239 and the GTX 570 retailing for..... £239!

LOL! well i guess I know which one i'm getting then... the GTX560ti of course! :p

Like Princeton said, this 560 ti uses the GF 110 chip, same as the 570...this is a 570 SE...an overpriced one at that.

Guest said:
I wanna upgrade my 470 and although I think this out performs the 470 it's not a wide enough margin to make spending just under 3 bills worth it. What do you guys think?

btw lol @ slow edition. :p

The SE monkier is deffinately one that screams inferior/mediocre.

This thing has the same amount of shader cores as the 470, I can't imagine why you'd even consider it as an upgrade. This is mostly for people who are still on last gen GT 200 cards or the lower end 400-500s (440-460, 550, etc).

BlindObject said:
Eh, at this point I'd rather go for a 6950. Even though I like Nvidia better.

I'd have to agree. For $269 I got a Sapphire 6950 2GB that unlocks to a 6970 by flipping a switch. In BF3 I get the same framerates as a GTX 580 as long as I don't use MSAA, except I spent only slightly more than half the cost of a 580. I think it was worth the AA tradeoff and I don't regret my decision a single bit.

I've even seen some @gb versions for $250, I think I'll be selling my dual GTX465s and upgrading to two 6950s, regardless they can be unlocked. If they can be, it's just a bonus. :D

Back