TechSpot

Nvidia intros second-gen 3D Vision glasses and displays

By Matthew
Oct 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia has overhauled its 3D Vision package, introducing refined glasses and displays that let you see more of the stuff you want to and less of the stuff you don't.…

Read the whole story

2. StrayEagle

StrayEagle TS Rookie

I fail to see the appeal of wearing glasses just to get some 3D effect. Untill they make it so i don't have to wear glasses, or i can move stuff on my desktop in 3D, i won't be interested. (yes i understand that these are ment for gameing, i game.)

3. You my friend need to try Nintendo 3Ds and Ocarina of Time 3D,unbelievable,3D glasses free the future is began,nvidia is still in the past..

4. play batman arkham asylum with 3d vision and you will see why it is so incredible.

5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,524   +324

Its really not, the 3DS is crap. Sure the effect is there but god the eye strain is unbelieveable!
    No wonder why most people who bought on from day one took it back.

6. HAHA not,play ocarina 3D,that is 3D! best game ever made and yet in 3D,without that funny glasses,and with mario3d land in november and mario kart in december,must buy

7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,524   +324

I have, and I don't disagree with you, it is very much in 3D and it very much looks "cool".
    BUT, after playing anything on the 3DS for long that 30 minutes your eyes litterally feel like they are going to fall out there sockets from strain!

8. marinkvasina

marinkvasina TS Enthusiast Posts: 262   +9

Nintendo 3Ds suck, ur eyes will get sick if you play it a month
    every day atleast 1hour

9. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 901   +239

120hz panels are nice but if your PC can lock games at 60FPS it's not that much on an improvement. I went from a 23" Acer 1080p 120hz to a U3011 and I'll never go back to 1080p, just to small of a resolution for PC gaming/multitasking for me now.

10. alexandrionel

alexandrionel TS Rookie Posts: 94

It is not clear for me and I cannot understand from article: do I need a nvidia card or not? Or is it enough to buy the VG278H and a pair of glasses?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.