TechSpot

Nvidia loses patent infringement suit against Rambus

By Jos
Jul 27, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Rambus has scored a big win in the ongoing patent-infringement lawsuit it filed with the U.S. International Trade Commission against Nvidia. The case dates back to July 2008, when Rambus accused the graphics firm of violating 17 of its patents and asked for an exclusion order barring the importation and sale of concerned products. Over the years, many of those claims were either dropped by Rambus or terminated by the ITC. But last January, of the five patent claims still determined valid, Nvidia and several of its OEM partners were found guilty of infringement on three.

Read the whole story
  2. Lol, wow. I company that receives annual revenues from the lawsuits it makes, and eventually wins. Hey, it sounds like a pretty profitable business model, if you ask me. :)
  3. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 632

Extortionbus at it again.
  4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Well Rambus has lost a lot more money from its own violations, than it has won.
  5. I will make sure than none of my future products are related with Rambus! Never! Blood suckers!
  6. I will make sure than none of my future products are related with Rambus! Never! Blood suckers!

Read, why New Zeland rejects software patents.

http://www.nzcs.org.nz/news/blog.php?/archives/97-.html
  7. Zeromus

Zeromus TS Enthusiast Posts: 231   +7

Ah rambus, designer of the Xtreme Data rate memory interface, commonly used in PS3s. That's how I mainly know them for. You know, it's extremely well hearted that NVIDIA would do this, and I'm glad both sides are seeing win-win in such an occasion.
  8. otester

otester TS Rookie Posts: 42

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.