NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonreflexabilit

I have the NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps device.
How can I configure for max settings?

Property:
Checksum Offload
Flow Control
Jumbo Frame Payload Size
Low Power State Link Speed
Network Address
Optimize For
Segmentation Offload
Speed/duplex Settings
VLAN & Priority
VLAN Id
Wake on Magic packet
Wake on pattern
WakeOnLan from Power Off

what should i set those at to get best settings? thanks

What's the rest of the network set-up? Are you talking about speed between LAN devices? In which case have you got a Gigabit switch?

sorry nub here... what do u mean by rest of the network set-up? im talkin about pure internet speed for gaming and surfing. how do i check to see if i have a gigabit switch?

Ah... you don't need to do anything with it. the limiting factor here is your Internet connection speed... which unless you're exceptionally lucky/rich/on some sort of super-special trial will be so much less than the speed that the network card can handle, so altering any of those seetings is unlikly to produce any tangible differences.

looking at the connection speeds, there are 4 computers in the house, mine had 20mbps but is now 10 for some reason, my bro's and dad's are 10, but my mom's is 54. my internet is prone to crash when she youtubes. her connection seems to have priority (dont know how to test for sure).
can ya shed some light on wth is goin on?

Set the Speed to 1.0G for starters. Jumbo frames needs a switch that supports that and I don't recommend using that feature if the device has go on the internet.

sorry how do i set the speed, is it on the switch itself?
oh sorry, forgot to mention a 5 port hub which all the connections are connected to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back