Nvidia or ATI after Intel Core i7 processors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

As I am going to buy a new PC I wish to know which video card brand should to go with keeping in view the future developments such as Intel's release of their Core i7 (Nehalem) processors by the end of this year. And as you know there is dispute between intel and Nvidia at present and it may be possible that Nvidia may not be able to support intel's next processors i.e. Core i7, do you think that Nvidia which is today the defacto standard in PC gaming and widely recognized would lose this position to the ATI video cards in near future? So should I go forward with Nvidia or ATI? Kindly recommend. Thanks:)

It kinda depends on what chipset you go with rather than the processor type. For example, if you buy a PC or motherboard with an Intel chipset, rather than an nVidia chipset, you should buy ATI because of greater compatibility. Also, Intel's chipsets support ATI Crossfire technology while nVidia chipsets support SLI. I would imagine that the new i7 processors would perform better on a native Intel chipset over nVidia but that's my two cents. It doesn't look like either graphics corp. is going to succeed over the other any time soon so it's anyone's guess as to who comes out on top, if that even happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back