Nvidia preparing to launch Ion 2 chipset this year

By Matthew
Oct 12, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. According to Fudzilla, a higher-up at Nvidia has confirmed that the company is planning to begin shipping its Ion 2 chipset before the year's end -- a rumor that surface over the summer. Along with a die shrink, the second-generation chipset is reportedly much faster and accompanied by about twice as many shaders.

Read the whole story
  2. poundsmack

poundsmack Newcomer, in training Posts: 74

very nice indeed. I have been looking forward to this being paired with VIA's nano for some time. To bad the new dual core nano won't be out till be begining of next year, would have been good to launch them both at once.
  3. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 897   +52

A venture with Via sounds like a great idea though I though they already had compatibility with full sized Intel processors. That's what I thought the Zotac 9300 was anyways.
  4. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 958   +84

I'd like to see some early benchmark figures if anyone has them. On paper the Ion 2 looks close to a perfect little low-powered well performing accelerator. Pair it up with a new Via Nano or Intel Atom dual-core in a netbook and I'll have some new hardware to play with. I just hope that my wait isn't too long.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.