NVidia Quadro FX3000 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony Qualia video projector, game PC with ASUS P4C800 / Intel P4 3.2 Ghz and a nVidia Quadro FX3000 graphics card. The problem I’m having is an image that has an almost sandpaper like look, not really pixelized but sort of splotchy and incorrect color.

I’m using the DVI-I output of the FX3000 and the DVI-D input of the Qualia. Following Sony direction I am setting the projector’s input to DVI Video GBR and the FX3000 output to 1920x1080. When the computer boots up the projector senses the signal and switches to its’ video memory 5 which is 1920x1080. The image is undistorted 16:9 but with the quality issues described above. The projector DVI input works fine with other video sources and I’ve tried other DVI cables. Using the HDMI input with a DVI to HDMI adapter produces the same results.

Does anybody know what type of signal the FX3000 outputs? Is it Digital or Analog? Does it have the ability to output Digital? I’ve tried the online tech support for the nVidia card but so far no response.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

JLM

I'm sorry - I don't' have a helpful response, but I'd be very interested of seeing some digital pics of that setup. Sounds like an awesome/unique gaming config you've got there. Any chance of seeing some pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back