TechSpot

Nvidia releases 3DTV Play software

By Emil
Oct 21, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia today released 3DTV Play, which allows you to connect an Nvidia 3D Vision PC or notebook to a 3D HDTV (HDMI 1.4 and compatible 3D glasses required). You can then play 3D games, watch 3D Blu-ray movies, view 3D photos, and experience other 3D content in 1080p HD. Nvidia says there are nearly 500 games available in 3D, including StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, Mafia II, and Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Read the whole story

2. matrix86

matrix86 TS Guru Posts: 812   +26

So...all this is 3D then? I couldn't tell. It's not like the article was littered with the term "3D" or anything, lol.

I still think it's a little too early for this 3D craze as the technology is still too flawed. I think that until we get to affordable glasses free TVs with no limited viewing angles (or atleast better than what the new glasses free TVs are currently offering), things like this are a little premature...too ahead of its time. This tech still has a lot more work that needs to be done.