Nvidia releases ForceWare 190.38 WHQL drivers

By Jos
Jul 22, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Following a recent beta release, Nvidia has delivered the WHQL-certified version of its ForceWare 190.38 drivers for all recent Windows platforms. As you might expect, the new drivers provide support for all of Nvidia’s latest GPUs, ranging from the old GeForce 6-series to the more recent 200-series desktop GPUs and the new ION GPUs.

Read the whole story
  2. syde

syde Newcomer, in training Posts: 131

I just want to get some small clearification on this that its for all nvida GPUs post 6-series cards?

I did a auto scan (device manager/right click video card, search for driver update) and it came back with no new updates.
  3. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 829

Finally an update. I've been having trouble in almost all my games where after an hour or so I'll get a video driver not responding error and a subsequent crash. Been using the same nvidia driver since public beta. Hopefully this will make a difference.
  4. 190.38 drivers are causing my system to crash - Vista x64 O/S.

I've had to roll back to 186.08 for stability
  5. Same for me
  6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,271   +257

These drivers are working well for me on Windows 7 64 bit with a 9800 GX2
  7. no problem for me running sweet as a nut i have vista 64 bit
  8. Vista 32 bit, dual 8800GTX cards in SLI, system was always rock solid until I tried the 190.38 driver.
    System crashed, screen got black, the only way out was to install the trusty 182.08 driver in safe mode...
  9. Updated to the new drivers and straight away had a blue screen crash, had to system resore to get vista back up and running.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.