Nvidia releases GeForce 275.33 WHQL drivers

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Nvidia's first official GeForce 275 family drivers have been branded with Microsoft's seal of approval today. The WHQL-certified GeForce 275.33 release adds support for the newly released (non-Ti) GTX 560 and wields performance improvements, bug fixes, as well as new features over previous releases.

Compared to v270.61, 275.33 offers 4% to 15% more frames when playing titles including Batman: Arkham Asylum, Bulletstorm, Civilization V, Crysis 2, and Portal 2 with a GeForce 400 or 500 series card. Additionally, dual-core processors gain up to 12% more performance during certain high load situations.

Speed-wise, there doesn't seem to be any major changes from 275.27 beta released two weeks ago -- unless you play The Witcher 2. Nvidia notes that last month's preview driver can cause a "significant performance drop" because of a 3D Vision-related bug, but the issue is resolved in 275.33.

Desktop: Windows XP 32-bit | Windows XP 64-bit | Windows Vista/7 32-bit | Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Mobile: Windows Vista/7 32-bit | Windows Vista/7 64-bit

If you own a retail copy of the RPG, you can also gain a hefty 30% boost by installing patch 1.1, which removes the SecuROM DRM. For those of you who follow our performance reviews, we plan to publish our testing of The Witcher 2 this week (as early as this evening), so keep your eyes peeled.

Performance aside, the 275 family introduces automatic SLI and antialiasing profile updates from Nvidia -- a separate feature from the 270 line's driver update notifications. There are also various desktop scaling and 3D Vision features, including a new interface for the former and more profiles for the latter.

Permalink to story.

"Automatic SLI and antialiasing profile updates"
Might make me finally pick up a second GTX 460 to make my games even more buttery smooth :)

I'm having a helluva time playing Civ V lately, even with this new driver (I've been using the beta version). There is some sort of horrific memory leak in that game - well documented on Steam and 2K forums, although 2K claims there's nothing wrong.. Once you get to a certain spot in the game where there's "x" amount of activity, it's basically non-stop crash. Very disappointing.

BUT...having said that, I'm running a GTX 460 SLI system SilverCider and it most certainly does rock. :)

TomSEA said:
I'm having a helluva time playing Civ V lately, even with this new driver (I've been using the beta version). There is some sort of horrific memory leak in that game - well documented on Steam and 2K forums, although 2K claims there's nothing wrong.. Once you get to a certain spot in the game where there's "x" amount of activity, it's basically non-stop crash. Very disappointing.

BUT...having said that, I'm running a GTX 460 SLI system SilverCider and it most certainly does rock. :)

Unfortunately 2K is one of the worst game companies out there, you will never see them acknowledge there's an issue. They did the same thing with bioshock sound causing crashes and nvidia stuttering in bioshock 2.

:( I have a 275 geforce card was hoping for a cool new driver! to bad this is only for the 400-500 series

treetops said:
:( I have a 275 geforce card was hoping for a cool new driver! to bad this is only for the 400-500 series

No it's for all their cards since the 6000 series. Driver works with my old gtx 260 machine.

Princeton said:
treetops said:

No it's for all their cards since the 6000 series. Driver works with my old gtx 260 machine.

Sweet just looked at the details im dling it right now

Sweet, this released iron'd out some stuttering and frame rate issues for me on DiRT3 with a GTX580.

Yeah I'm running a 570 GTX

And with the 257.27 Beta driver I was getting these horrible like tearing effects whilst playing Witcher 2

I hope this driver will fix that (Was running 270.51 before and was completely fine)

Back