Nvidia releases GeForce 275.33 WHQL drivers

By Matthew
Jun 1, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia\'s first official GeForce 275 family drivers have been branded with Microsoft\'s seal of approval today. The WHQL-certified GeForce 275.33 release adds support for the newly released (non-Ti) GTX 560…

Read the whole story
  2. SilverCider

SilverCider Newcomer, in training Posts: 72

"Automatic SLI and antialiasing profile updates"
    Might make me finally pick up a second GTX 460 to make my games even more buttery smooth :)
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,228   +314

I'm having a helluva time playing Civ V lately, even with this new driver (I've been using the beta version). There is some sort of horrific memory leak in that game - well documented on Steam and 2K forums, although 2K claims there's nothing wrong.. Once you get to a certain spot in the game where there's "x" amount of activity, it's basically non-stop crash. Very disappointing.

BUT...having said that, I'm running a GTX 460 SLI system SilverCider and it most certainly does rock. :)
  4. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

Unfortunately 2K is one of the worst game companies out there, you will never see them acknowledge there's an issue. They did the same thing with bioshock sound causing crashes and nvidia stuttering in bioshock 2.
  5. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,570   +41

:( I have a 275 geforce card was hoping for a cool new driver! to bad this is only for the 400-500 series
  6. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

No it's for all their cards since the 6000 series. Driver works with my old gtx 260 machine.
  7. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,570   +41

Sweet just looked at the details im dling it right now
  8. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 339   +19

Sweet, this released iron'd out some stuttering and frame rate issues for me on DiRT3 with a GTX580.
  9. Yeah I'm running a 570 GTX

And with the 257.27 Beta driver I was getting these horrible like tearing effects whilst playing Witcher 2

I hope this driver will fix that (Was running 270.51 before and was completely fine)
  10. Why they say "releases" ? It is released ......

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.