Nvidia releases WHQL driver update for Battlefield 3

By Jos
Oct 24, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia has released a new set of WHQL-certified drivers for its graphics cards just in time for tomorrow's launch of Battlefield 3 on the PC. The GeForce 285.58 for Windows…

Read the whole story
  2. blackbellysheep

blackbellysheep Newcomer, in training Posts: 17

I have spanking brand new Alienware M17xR3 and Dell hasnt release any freaking updated drivers.
  3. Recipe7

Recipe7 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 142

You can use those drivers if you want.

You don't have to run Dell drivers. Hell, I never did when I had my Dell 1720.
  4. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

You don't need the Dell drivers. Get these.
  5. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

Some nvidia cards are specific to the manufacturer and won't accept the "global" drivers from nvidia.com. The 310m for example on Lenovo laptops is a specific example.
  6. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

BF3 is insane! Glad I checked this post before loading it up for the first time as it seems to run smoother than the beta did.
  7. bugejakurt

bugejakurt TechSpot Booster Posts: 133

Batman Arkham City's release date is set to November 18 right? Cause above it's like the game has already hit the market.
  8. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,471   +300

I guess no performance update for my GTX260 :(
  9. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 342   +20

Might just be placebo, but I do notice the retail game is slightly more stable than the beta in terms of minimum frame rates.
  10. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

It is more stable. You know, beta vs finished product, that kind of thing... -_-

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.