Nvidia releases WHQL driver update for Battlefield 3

Jos

Staff

Nvidia has released a new set of WHQL-certified drivers for its graphics cards just in time for tomorrow's launch of Battlefield 3 on the PC. The GeForce 285.58 for Windows XP and 285.62 for Windows 7/Vista users promise to increase Battlefield 3 performance on a single GTX 560 by "up to 11%" since the release of the GeForce 285.38 beta drivers.

Nvidia also mentions several compatibility enhancements, as well as a new and improved SLI profile and a 3D Vision profile.

Batman: Arkham City and Rage are also getting compatibility and performance improvements, along a bunch of older titles including Metro 2033, STALKER: Call of Pripyat, Civilization V, StarCraft II, Crysis 2, and others. As far as bug fixes are concerned, users of the R285 beta drivers will be pleased to hear that Nvidia has fixed the reported driver timeouts, and World of Warcraft users will find that flickering experienced upon death on a SLI system has been rectified.

The driver package covers owners of GeForce 6 through 500 series graphics cards as well as ION desktop GPUs. If you are playing any of the season's latest games titles be sure to download these new drivers from Nvidia. Below are some more highlights from the latest release as well as download links for the drivers.

Download: Windows XP 32-bit | Windows XP 64-bit | Windows Vista/7 32-bit | Windows Vista/7 64-bit

On the GeForce GTX 580 SLI users can expect to receive frame rate boosts of up to:

• 13% in Metro 2033,
  • 8% in STALKER: Call of Pripyat,
  • 7% in Civilization V,
  • 7% in F1 2010,
  • 5% in Crysis 2 with the DirectX 11 Ultra Upgrade enabled,
  • 5% in Lost Planet 2,
  • And 5% in Mafia 2.

Single-GPU users will receive improvements of up to:

• 6% in Battlefield 3,
  • 5% in Call Of Duty: Black Ops,
  • And 5% in StarCraft II.

On the GeForce GTX 560, SLI users will receive frame rate boosts of up to:

• 11% in STALKER: Call of Pripyat,
  • 7% in Dragon Age II,
  • 7% in F1 2010,
  • 7% in Metro 2033,
  • 5% in Battlefield: Bad Company 2,
  • 5% in Crysis 2 with the DirectX 11 Ultra Upgrade enabled,
  • 5% in Just Cause 2,
  • 5% in Lost Planet 2,
  • And 4% in Mafia 2.

Single-GPU users will receive performance improvements of up to:

• 11% in Battlefield 3
  • 7% in StarCraft II,
  • 6% in Call Of Duty: Black Ops,
  • And 4% in Bulletstorm.

Permalink to story.

You can use those drivers if you want.

You don't have to run Dell drivers. Hell, I never did when I had my Dell 1720.

blackbellysheep said:
I have spanking brand new Alienware M17xR3 and Dell hasnt release any freaking updated drivers.

You don't need the Dell drivers. Get these.

Some nvidia cards are specific to the manufacturer and won't accept the "global" drivers from nvidia.com. The 310m for example on Lenovo laptops is a specific example.

BF3 is insane! Glad I checked this post before loading it up for the first time as it seems to run smoother than the beta did.

Batman Arkham City's release date is set to November 18 right? Cause above it's like the game has already hit the market.

Might just be placebo, but I do notice the retail game is slightly more stable than the beta in terms of minimum frame rates.

sarcasm said:
Might just be placebo, but I do notice the retail game is slightly more stable than the beta in terms of minimum frame rates.

It is more stable. You know, beta vs finished product, that kind of thing... -_-

Back