TechSpot

Nvidia releases WHQL driver update for Battlefield 3

By Jos
Oct 24, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia has released a new set of WHQL-certified drivers for its graphics cards just in time for tomorrow's launch of Battlefield 3 on the PC. The GeForce 285.58 for Windows…

Read the whole story

2. blackbellysheep

blackbellysheep TS Rookie Posts: 20

I have spanking brand new Alienware M17xR3 and Dell hasnt release any freaking updated drivers.

3. Recipe7

Recipe7 TS Booster Posts: 143

You can use those drivers if you want.

You don't have to run Dell drivers. Hell, I never did when I had my Dell 1720.

4. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

You don't need the Dell drivers. Get these.

5. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 794   +87

Some nvidia cards are specific to the manufacturer and won't accept the "global" drivers from nvidia.com. The 310m for example on Lenovo laptops is a specific example.

6. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 794   +87

BF3 is insane! Glad I checked this post before loading it up for the first time as it seems to run smoother than the beta did.

7. bugejakurt

bugejakurt TS Booster Posts: 157   +15

Batman Arkham City's release date is set to November 18 right? Cause above it's like the game has already hit the market.

8. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,788   +547

I guess no performance update for my GTX260 :(

9. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TS Enthusiast Posts: 345   +23

Might just be placebo, but I do notice the retail game is slightly more stable than the beta in terms of minimum frame rates.

10. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

It is more stable. You know, beta vs finished product, that kind of thing... -_-