Nvidia Responds So AMD Can't Win: September GPU Pricing Update

"However, in several other countries, we've noticed the pricing aligning closely with the $500 benchmark – the UK, France, and Germany are cases in point, particularly for the more affordable models." Google tells me that is incorrect. 7800xt is over 600€ in Germany and France and over 500£ in UK.

It doesn't matter how low NVidia's prices go, they offer slower cards and think they can charge a premium, bcz of gimmicks.

AMD is simply more valuable card, to Gamers with true gaming technologies, not hand-me-down server gimmicks that Developers have to spend months getting to work for a small specific group of proprietary NV cards.

EVGA left NVidia bcz they knew NV were going to try and stuff server cards into the consumer market, instead of engineer and develop a true gaming card & technology. As such, RTX ON has become a flop... Gamers are not going to pay more, for gimmicks.

GPUs are about native frames & price.

You'd have to be stupid to pay more for a 4070 or 4060Ti over the 7800XT or 7700XT, unless you just can't get that Nvidia taste out of your mouth (DLSS....drr...raytracing!).

How many people actually use raytracing and then just stand there, in game, saying, "Oh my god. The lighting is almost realistic. Look how it glistens off the small puddle on the ground, I can see the clouds drift by and look! Over there! See how the light seems to peek through the dense fog rolling across the ground, it seems so surreal!" I can just picture these people being just like this:

If Nvidia really wants to stick to AMD, drop those prices to match and then you can watch people pick Nvidia over AMD 99% of the time just because of drrrrr....Nvidia!

The fact that NVIDIA could drop $50 on pricing overnight on the 4070 tells you everything you need to know about how badly people are getting hosed this generation.

Keep in mind most of these cards have smaller dies than the 30 series equivalents, narrower memory buses, and similar VRAM capacities (except the 4060 which they actually went backwards with!).

If Nvidia really wants to stick to AMD, drop those prices to match and then you can watch people pick Nvidia over AMD 99% of the time just because of drrrrr....Nvidia!

Acting like AMD cannot drop prices further... literally AMD was only putting those MSRP as price holder to bait Nvidia.

They did with the 7900XT and they did with the 7600... and now they did with the 7800XT.

Hmm, There are a few inaccuracies in the pricing data in the tables, as well as in the sections discussing AMD GPUs. Additionally, the conclusion stating that the 7800XT's situation is similar to the 7900XT's, it needs revision. In reality, the 7800XT is outselling all other GPUs in stores, making it AMD's most successful launch by a significant margin.

This is one of the reason amd is gradually leaving gpu market.
Nvidia has 70% margin on gpus. They can cut price anytime they want.
Amd only has 20%+ margin.

Good comments from everyone. It's great that we are seeing a lot of resistance to both AMD and nVidia. This whole pricing scheme is for miners, not gamers. Resist my brothers. :)
This new price schema is for Gamers since some of us paid $1000 for a 3060 not long ago. I agree the prices were pumped by miners and GPU makers. Now both vendors have the big margins in mind and all current GPU's are at least double the regular price (selling a 4050Ti at a 4070 price rings any bells?). So dropping a few bucks here and there won't make much fuss.

AMD is simply more valuable card, to Gamers with true gaming technologies...
Oh yeah, love FSR2, great image quality... oh wait...
EVGA left NVidia bcz they knew NV were going to try and stuff server cards into the consumer market, instead of engineer and develop a true gaming card & technology. As such, RTX ON has become a flop... Gamers are not going to pay more, for gimmicks.

GPUs are about native frames & price.
Strange that EVGA didn't go with AMD to replace Nvidia? Is that strange to you? Or is it just strange to me?

Strange that EVGA didn't go with AMD to replace Nvidia? Is that strange to you? Or is it just strange to me?

Who cares about FSR2...?
Everyone gets FSR3 free... where have you been..?

Even GTX ownerz..!

New GPU owners shouldnt have to worry about upscaling, that is tech for older dGPUs & Consoles/handhelds who can't push modern frames.

So, first off, just because DLSS is considered better than FSR, doesn't mean it's good. If FSR is cow poop, DLSS is more like Horse poop...doesn't smell nearly as bad but it's still poop. I have horses btw, I can attest that horse poop smells better than cow poop, but it's poop.

Second, it's just you. I don't think you've been able to comprehend the amount of time and resources it would require to take on a partner the size of AMD. We're talking months upon months upon months to create agreements and contracts, designs, supply chain, requirements, and a slew of other important tasks, let alone tasking people and the resource requirements. We're talking millions and millions of dollars here. And the fact that AMD doesn't do anywhere near the volume of Nvidia, it would probably take years and years to recoup startup costs. I can also attest to this because I'm a Project Manager, who goes through things like this.

So, at this point, there are a lot of people, including reviewers, who don't think these "features" are anywhere near game time. Like, come on dude, any card outside of the 4090 if you even think about enabling RT the card is going to blow up lol.

You'd have to be stupid to pay more for a 4070 or 4060Ti over the 7800XT or 7700XT, unless you just can't get that Nvidia taste out of your mouth (DLSS....drr...raytracing!).

How many people actually use raytracing and then just stand there, in game, saying, "Oh my god. The lighting is almost realistic. Look how it glistens off the small puddle on the ground, I can see the clouds drift by and look! Over there! See how the light seems to peek through the dense fog rolling across the ground, it seems so surreal!" I can just picture these people being just like this:

Dying man ,just died!!LOL!@###Great video xaxaxa xaxaxa

Man, this comment section, always a laugh I guess...

Hey TechSpot, when did this place become an AMD fan forum? I remember years ago it was pretty even between Nvidia and AMD, you'd see fans of both coming up in the comments.

Now it's just the same AMD fans spouting nonsense on every graphics related article.

Man, this comment section, always a laugh I guess...

Hey TechSpot, when did this place become an AMD fan forum? I remember years ago it was pretty even between Nvidia and AMD, you'd see fans of both coming up in the comments.

Now it's just the same AMD fans spouting nonsense on every graphics related article.
I am not as much of AMD fan as I am a fan of affordable graphic cards.
I see nightmares where AMD does not make GPUs anymore and all I have to choose from is a cheap Chinese card that horribly works or a $1000 rtx xx50 card from Nvidia.

Well, I will wait another months for amd dropping 7800 and 7700 prices..
guess my money will stuck in my bank a little longer..

I am not as much of AMD fan as I am a fan of affordable graphic cards.
I see nightmares where AMD does not make GPUs anymore and all I have to choose from is a cheap Chinese card that horribly works or a $1000 rtx xx50 card from Nvidia.
Oh you've got me all wrong, I never want to see Nvidia all by themselves, I wake up every morning and pray to the GPU gods that Intel will bring their A game in a couple of years.

I just find it amazing how much people defend AMD, crap drivers, GPU's that generally perform worse (although this isn't quite true since RDNA was introduced), they never have the top performing GPU, Ray-Tracing performance isn't good enough (again, getting better), no real answer to DLSS, XeSS, MetalFX, always behind in tech (used ray-reconstruction last night for a few hours in cyberpunk, more of a game changer than anything else I've used in recent years).

In-fact, let's go there, if AMD are "all about the gamer" and creating gamer technology. Why are they always lagging behind Nvidia? Ray Reconstruction has shon a light on how fake games are, with many layers of "denoisers" warping, blending, molding, all while being quite unstable.

Nvidia come up with technology that not only removes the multiple layers of denoisers, they integrate it with DLSS so it's super stable, and (at least on my rig) actually performs substantially better than the games original denoisers. Better framerate and frametimes, the game itself "pops" now, it's like an art pass has been done and it's more colourful now, stuff looks much more grounded, yet it's just a much better denoising technology that only benefits gamers.

Where's AMD? Why haven't they figured this stuff out if they were "all about the gamer"?

Where's AMD? Why haven't they figured this stuff out if they were "all about the gamer"?
Here is where everybody got it wrong, it's all about the Benjamin's...

iu

"However, in several other countries, we've noticed the pricing aligning closely with the $500 benchmark – the UK, France, and Germany are cases in point, particularly for the more affordable models." Google tells me that is incorrect. 7800xt is over 600€ in Germany and France and over 500£ in UK.
550eur for the cheapest one, decent ones cost 580-600, same as 4070s

6800xt's went up by 50eur, same price as 7800xt now. great idea to increase your last gen value - release next gen that performs the same.now retailers will keep all of them at new gen prices.
sigh.

Oh you've got me all wrong, I never want to see Nvidia all by themselves, I wake up every morning and pray to the GPU gods that Intel will bring their A game in a couple of years.

I just find it amazing how much people defend AMD, crap drivers, GPU's that generally perform worse (although this isn't quite true since RDNA was introduced), they never have the top performing GPU, Ray-Tracing performance isn't good enough (again, getting better), no real answer to DLSS, XeSS, MetalFX, always behind in tech (used ray-reconstruction last night for a few hours in cyberpunk, more of a game changer than anything else I've used in recent years).

In-fact, let's go there, if AMD are "all about the gamer" and creating gamer technology. Why are they always lagging behind Nvidia? Ray Reconstruction has shon a light on how fake games are, with many layers of "denoisers" warping, blending, molding, all while being quite unstable.

Nvidia come up with technology that not only removes the multiple layers of denoisers, they integrate it with DLSS so it's super stable, and (at least on my rig) actually performs substantially better than the games original denoisers. Better framerate and frametimes, the game itself "pops" now, it's like an art pass has been done and it's more colourful now, stuff looks much more grounded, yet it's just a much better denoising technology that only benefits gamers.

imo amd just aren't worth the savings if they usually amount to -10% or so in retail.
take a look at RR peformance improvements, +10-30% with it enabled.
amd prefers to pump money into sponsorships tanking nvidia performance rather than offering their own, new features.

EVGA left NVidia bcz they knew NV were going to try and stuff server cards into the consumer market, instead of engineer and develop a true gaming card & technology.
And were they correct ? iirc, full n31 loses to 90% of ad102 by a mile.....

Last edited:
Back