Nvidia Shield gets price cut, remote GameStream capability and more in spring update

By Shawn Knight
Mar 26, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Shield, Nvidia's portable game console, will soon receive a number of updates and a price cut designed to make the system more appealing to new and existing owners.

Read more
  2. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 954   +193

Do we know what kind of connection is required?
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,936

Maybe it's just me but I really cannot see the appeal of this Shield thing.
  4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

I don't either. It may have nVidia's stamp on it, but there's no nVidia card in it. It's like someone glued an X-Box controller onto a Nexus.
  5. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Maniac Posts: 475   +153

Wi-fi, you can wake your PC on LAN through the new NVIDIA driver, login with your password remotely and then turn off your PC remotely so that you don't have it as a server running all day while you're away.
  6. treeski

treeski TS Evangelist Posts: 954   +193

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I meant what kind of speed is required.
  7. ETF Soldier

ETF Soldier TS Guru Posts: 371   +78

I want a shield but I'd rather get it in the Summer when I can upgrade to a Nvidia GPU too as I'm using a Radeon 6870 atm. It doesn't help that the Nvidia Shield isn't officially on sale in Europe.
  8. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Yeah it looks like a clunky handheld console from a few years ago. It makes the DS look sleek LOL.
  9. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Evangelist Posts: 850   +201

I wonder if the shield will ever become compatible with AMD cards.