Nvidia Update Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll first say I know not a thing and am trying to learn.

I am trying to play a game called Titan Quest but when I load the program it is slow as heck and glitches.

First I downloaded the latest version of the game but it didn't help any. I looked at trouble shooting and next downloaded DirectX 9. Still it ran like crap and now I'm trying to download the correct update for my graphics card but I can't seem to find it. I have a Nvidia Geforce Go 6200 and I keep on trying to get updates for it from Nvidia.com but When I go to run the update is says "The Nvidia driver could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will exit now."

As far as I can tell I'm just not getting the right update. Help!

Thaks for the link. I tried to instal it but it still said the same thing. I may be going about installing it wrong... I went to add/remove programs and took off the nvidia thing and tried to install the new update but it just isn't working. Any suggestions?

Should I just suck it up and buy a program that automatically detects and updates my drivers? Does anyone know of any good programs that do that or do that for free?

No. I have no idea what your problem is now, but that link is specifically for the Go graphics, and your 6200 is listed. So I doubt any program is going to do much better.

What you could do is go back to guru3d and search around the older drivers (I didn't see any Go drivers newer than what I linked for your card) and try those.

You may want to try this to get the files left behind.

If not, doesn't your laptop manufacturer offer driver downloads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back