TechSpot

Nvidia: we are building custom ARM-based CPU cores

By Emil
Jan 5, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia has announced that it plans to build high-performance ARM-based CPU cores for products ranging from personal computers and servers to workstations and supercomputers. In other words, you'll soon see an Nvidia CPU running the ARM instruction set that is fully integrated on the same chip as the Nvidia GPU.

Read the whole story
  2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,896   +88

any word on how far out this is?
    and Emil, I like the ability to change between headline and full view...but this half CSS/HTML is a bit much :D:wave:
  3. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

This is great news. This is exciting. Since Windows 8 will be running on ARM... I'm very happy an avenue has opened up for Nvidia and the processor market is heating up... err in a good way...

I'm sure this is quite far out... into the 2012 at least because windows 8 and well the development time for new hardware is far more longer than video game development except for if you consider how long Duke Nukem has been under dev =P

I'm sure Nvidia has been working unofficially from the day they announced they were getting into CPUs. before they announced Tegra but yeah I imagine they will want to have something ready for even testing period of when Windows 8 tips up in Alpha and Beta... but final projects soon after launch is my guess...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.