Nvidia's PC Gaming Revival Kit aims to reawaken your old PC

Shawn Knight

Staff member

It’s not uncommon for online retailers to offer barebones PC packages for those putting together a new system. What you won’t see all that often, however, is a purpose-built bundle like the PC Gaming Revival Kit that recently cropped up from Nvidia.

First spotted by Videocardz.com in Spanish-speaking countries, Nvidia’s curious kit includes an MSI GTX 1060 3GT OC graphics card, a 240GB Corsair Force Series LE 240 solid state drive and a Corsair CX450M 80 PLUS Bronze power supply (450W) as well as a code for a digital copy of Gears of War 4 and a t-shirt.

The kit is reportedly priced at €399, or around $415. Tallying up the individual components on Newegg comes up to $472.13 before shipping which makes this a decent deal assuming that you were already planning on purchasing similar hardware.

It’s unclear if Nvidia is planning on offering the kit in other markets or if there will be multiple offerings with varying levels of hardware.

The timing is also of interest as it might not be a coincidence that this is just now surfacing in the holiday timeframe. It’s entirely plausible that Nvidia may be going after less tech-savvy shoppers looking to upgrade aging manufactured PCs that likely lack a discrete graphics card and flash-based storage.

Permalink to story.

Do you mean they'll actually move some of these? Well, I'd assume they did some market research. Now if they lost the 3 GB 1060, tossed in the upcoming 1080Ti for the same price (yeah, dream on Batman)... I'd be all over it (and who wouldn't?). I'd have no problems getting rid of the bundled SDD & PSU I don't want for a profit.

I get that this is a budget thing, but 450 Watt PSU? The 1060 has a recommendation for a 400 watt PSU, that's cutting it a bit close.

I get that this is a budget thing, but 450 Watt PSU? The 1060 has a recommendation for a 400 watt PSU, that's cutting it a bit close.

Recommendations leave adequate headroom for overclocking and future upgrades. 450w is more than enough.

That power supply is $56 and you can find a 1060 for as low as $199 on Newegg and another $20 with promo code. So w/o promo code you are looking at $256. That's over $150 less than this kit and gets you the same gaming performance. You could definitely find a higher quality PSU for the same money or less. As people have stated in other forums, those this is targeted at with OEM system are likely to run into issues like proprietary connectors for the motherboard's 24 pin ATX, non-standard PSU size requirements, Crippled or old SATA on the motherboard, ect. That's the problem with OEM system, they pull these shenanigans to force people to buy another PC from them or to cut costs.

Its a decent package if you need an SSD, PSU and GPU.
It would be a solid option for someone building a budget gaming PC.

The full copy of Gears Of War 4 and a sweet t-shirt is a nice $60 cherry on top...my only question is, what size is the t-shirt?

That power supply is $56 and you can find a 1060 for as low as $199 on Newegg and another $20 with promo code. So w/o promo code you are looking at $256. That's over $150 less than this kit and gets you the same gaming performance. You could definitely find a higher quality PSU for the same money or less. As people have stated in other forums, those this is targeted at with OEM system are likely to run into issues like proprietary connectors for the motherboard's 24 pin ATX, non-standard PSU size requirements, Crippled or old SATA on the motherboard, ect. That's the problem with OEM system, they pull these shenanigans to force people to buy another PC from them or to cut costs.
Those are US prices. This kit is only available in Spanish-speaking countries, so you should compare the price of this kit to the prices of the individual parts in Spanish-speaking countries. Computer parts are more expensive outside of the US.

Those are US prices. This kit is only available in Spanish-speaking countries, so you should compare the price of this kit to the prices of the individual parts in Spanish-speaking countries. Computer parts are more expensive outside of the US.

That's fine because this kit costs $150 USD more than my proposed plan above. That's way more than enough to cover price increases in other countries.

That's fine because this kit costs $150 USD more than my proposed plan above. That's way more than enough to cover price increases in other countries.
The MSI GTX 1060 3GT OC alone costs EUR 244 (around USD 255) in Spain (Barcelona, to be precise). You underestimated the price difference.

The MSI GTX 1060 3GT OC alone costs EUR 244 (around USD 255) in Spain (Barcelona, to be precise). You underestimated the price difference.

Yes and if I take an absurdly expensive card and put it into a kit that does not make it a savings. There are multiple other models of 1060s that will perform the same or better for less money. Seriously, the power of choice is a good one.

Yes and if I take an absurdly expensive card and put it into a kit that does not make it a savings. There are multiple other models of 1060s that will perform the same or better for less money. Seriously, the power of choice is a good one.
Sure, you could get some other card instead of the one bundled here, but that doesn't prove this kit is overpriced. You could argue this kit includes an overpriced graphics card, but that would be another thing entirely. The point being, this kit still lets you save a few Euros if you live in Spain or some other Spanish-speaking country compared to purchasing the bundled parts individually. If it was being offered in the US for exactly the same price, then you'd be right in saying it makes no sense.

Last edited:
Sure, you could get this or that card instead of the one bundled here, but that doesn't prove this kit is overpriced. You could argue this kit includes an overpriced GPU, but that's another thing entirely. The point being, this kit still lets you save a few Euros if you live in Spain or some other Spanish-speaking country compared to purchasing the bundled parts individually.

It does prove the kit is overpriced.

Even looking at Newegg's Europe website there are models of the card significantly cheaper

http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Pro...4487263&cm_re=gtx_1060-_-14-487-263-_-Product

"The point being, this kit still lets you save a few Euros if you live in Spain or some other Spanish-speaking country compared to purchasing the bundled parts individually"

No, that's exactly what it doesn't let you do. It's for convenience, not saving money. Unless you can prove it with links. Just because you jack the price up of a card and include it in a kit doesn't magically make it worth it when you have cheaper options that perform the same or better for a large chunk of cash less. You are only saving money in the sense that if that card was the only one you could buy and you had the choice between it or the kit.

It does prove the kit is overpriced.

Even looking at Newegg's Europe website there are models of the card significantly cheaper

http://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Pro...4487263&cm_re=gtx_1060-_-14-487-263-_-Product

"The point being, this kit still lets you save a few Euros if you live in Spain or some other Spanish-speaking country compared to purchasing the bundled parts individually"

No, that's exactly what it doesn't let you do. It's for convenience, not saving money. Unless you can prove it with links. Just because you jack the price up of a card and include it in a kit doesn't magically make it worth it when you have cheaper options that perform the same or better for a large chunk of cash less. You are only saving money in the sense that if that card was the only one you could buy and you had the choice between it or the kit.
Newegg doesn't ship to Spain or any other Spanish-speaking countries, so the prices there can't be used for comparison in this case. The only European countries they ship to are the Netherlands, UK, Ireland, and Poland.

Last edited:
Newegg doesn't ship to Spain or any other Spanish-speaking countries. There's a reason why the price is in GBP.

That doesn't disprove any of my points. You stated pricing in europe was higher, I provided a link proving it was still much cheaper than this kit. Your move.

That doesn't disprove any of my points. You stated pricing in europe was higher, I provided a link proving it was still much cheaper than this kit. Your move.
No. I stated pricing in Spain, which is a spanish-speaking country:
None of the countries that you've compared the prices against so far belong to the Spanish-speaking countries group, yet the article specifically mentions the kit is being offered in Spanish-speaking countries.

Last edited:
No. I stated in Spain, which is a spanish-speaking country:
None of the countries that you've compared the prices against so far belong to the Spanish-speaking countries group.

https://www.amazon.es/Gigabyte-1060...UTF8&qid=1482381801&sr=1-21&keywords=gtx+1060

Boom. I have a hard time believing you actually checked the prices on anything. It only took me a few second to find cheaper pricing directly on Amazon's spain website. I've provided you example of GTX 1060s being cheaper in the EU, US, and in Spain. Your point is complete BS.

https://www.amazon.es/Gigabyte-1060...UTF8&qid=1482381801&sr=1-21&keywords=gtx+1060

Boom. I have a hard time believing you actually checked the prices on anything. It only took me a few second to find cheaper pricing directly on Amazon's spain website. I've provided you example of GTX 1060s being cheaper in the EU, US, and in Spain. Your point is complete BS.
https://www.amazon.es/Msi-GTX-1060-...8&qid=1482382204&sr=1-3&keywords=msi+gtx+1060
This is what's included in the bundle. Shipping is only free for Premium members.

If the bundle included the Gigabyte card and cost EUR 399, then it would qualify as overpriced.

Just checking Google and Spain has a 21% Value Added Tax, probably included in the price (but if not!)

Back