Oblivion Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I know theres a bunch of guides out there for this I know, but I'd greatly appreciate any more help.

I need to know how increase my frame rate on elder scrolls IV oblivion cause its lagging real bad. As far as video cards go I'm using a Geforce FX 5200 256mb.

As for RAM I've got 1gig and for my processing speed I have 3.00 ghz

I'd also appreciate any tips on making it run not so how should I say laggy?

Thanks!

Your video card is very old so you should upgrade your video card and you will get better FPS.
Oblivion requires very high-tech machine, and with fx5200, you defenately not going to get good FPS.

But the rest of your machine seems pretty decent.

Do you know if the 5200 is PCI or AGP?

The biggest slow downs in Oblivion with the FX series are from the shaders and lack of fillrate/bandwidth. There's really not much you can do to help. It's already a "hack" just to get the game to work as it needs to remove much of the engine assets just to play.

If you do have an AGP slot, you can get a cheap card that will be 10x better for like roughly $50 USD at NewEgg. You should consider this option as it will help ALL games, not just Oblivion.

Its the video card. I know a kid who has that game and he has a 5800 nividia and on the lowest setting it sucks horibley. And he also has a 1gb of RAM. I'd recomend get a really good video card. Like a 6800 (256mb).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back