TechSpot

Oblivion PC - Moving Characters from one PC to another

By ThrasherFan22
Jun 23, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK, so my PC I am running on now does not have a supported video card. The good news is, I have an alternate laptop that does have a video card that is supported. If I am to play The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion on that seperate PC, is there a file that contains character data that I can copy from the laptop to my main PC after I get a new video card? Also, the same goes with Mass Effect. Is there a file that I can copy that contains profile information and progress?

What would be the best way to do this? Would a jump drive be the easiest?

Thanks guys
  2. ChrisDown

ChrisDown TS Rookie Posts: 125

If I recall correctly, Oblivion stores character and save data under the My Documents\My Games\Oblivion directory. From what I can tell from a quick skim, ME saves profile and save data under My Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect. You can transfer these between computers.
  3. ThrasherFan22

ThrasherFan22 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 86

Awesome, thanks for the info. Hopefully I can get that new video card sometime in the next week or two :DD
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.