TechSpot

Obsidian's 'Project Eternity' is the latest Kickstarter success story

By Shawn Knight
Sep 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Obsidian Entertainment is the latest game developer to turn to public support to build a game rather than rely on a big name publisher. The company's latest effort is called Project Eternity and has already raised more than $1.5 million...

Read more

2. There is nothing "new" about a fantasy over-the-top view styled game. Why must everyone create something that has already been created time and time again?

With such a talented group of designers & programmers, you would think some unique aspects would stand out. They don't.

I played a game a few years back that allowed you to switch from top-down view into first person (Or over-the-shoulder third person) view. Although the game play wasn't all that great(Roman era typical hack & slash) the experience of commanding groups, then jumping directly into the battle was a great feat. Yet ignored by nearly every game.

As for looking to kickstarter to fund projects that might not otherwise get off the ground - Absolutely terrific idea. I hope more innovation flows through proper funding more and more.

3. "from the team that brought you..."

they are still ashamed of the brilliant Alpha Protocol :(

4. For $10,000 donation, you can play a board game or a pen and paper with them.

I wish I had 10k to blow.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.