TechSpot

OC went wrong?

By CMH
Jun 13, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know I've posted alot on my 2.4ghz Northwood OC, but recently I've realised that the comp crashes randomly. At first I blamed it on the new RAM I got (I got that RMA'ed), but even when I changed back to the old RAM, it continued crashing. This is even in un-overclocked settings.

It can be the mobo I switched too, but its a pain changing mobos since it usually includes a reformat.

Is there any other possible problem?
  2. IBN

IBN TS Maniac Posts: 625

3. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,573   +9

Wow, that kinda helped.

Lemme see if updating BIOS helps, haven't done it for sometime.... Graphic card drivers are up to date on mine tho...
  4. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,573   +9

I think I should mention that this error repeated itself quite alot of times.

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007041F from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.