Occasional BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a user in the office whose computer has blue screened a few times in the past couple months and I haven’t been able to determine what’s causing it. I’ve looked at the dump files but still haven’t been able to figure it out. If anyone can help I’d be grateful.

Thanks

Attachments

• Mini031610-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 3
  • Mini032210-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 2
  • Mini042910-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 3
  • Mini043010-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 4
Almost all of your minidumps have one thing in common i.e. memory corruption being caused with various 0x4E and 0xA errors. This strongly indicates that there are some hardware issues at the heart of this problem (most probably bad ram).

Please download and run memtest on that machine, if you find any errors with it, please run it on individual RAM modules. Remember you need to run minimum of 8 passes (more is better), and it will take lots of time to do so.

Let us know if you need any further assistance. Regards

Memory tested

Thanks looking at the dump files. I installed memtest and started two tests then let it run over night. No errors were detected. Is there anything else I can check?

Thanks,

Cory

Please give me your system's complete specs including PSU.

When was the last time you cleaned out your system?

I exported the System Information data to a text file. I looked it over but didn't see information about the PSU hopefully it has all the information you need. I had to split it up into 3 files, it exceeded the file size limit. If PSU info isn't in the System Info files I'll have to make a trip to where the computer is.

Other than run Disk Cleanup and Defrag it's probably been a while since the system was cleaned up.

Thanks,

Cory

Attachments

• System Info_1.txt
    39.8 KB · Views: 2
  • System Info_2.txt
    183.9 KB · Views: 1
  • System Info_3.txt
    98.2 KB · Views: 1
Fair enough, well as you have memtest with no errors, for now just take out the RAM Modules, clean them and if you have air-canister, also clean the RAM Banks; then put everything back together and see how it goes from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back