TechSpot

Occasional BSODs, Windows 7 Home Premium

1. i bought a rig on ebay about 3 or 4 months ago. i had to re-insert the graphics card when i bought the rig, it would power on and not give any video signal from the VGA port (after i reinserted the card it worked fine). I occasionally get bsods when i'm using it. the os is windows 7 64bit home premium (the OS came with the rig i haven't reinstalled the OS). see the msinfo for more system info.

the bsods are rare - it probably happens once every few weeks (so it's not really bothering me) but today (15/01/2012) it happened twice in one day and now it's gone back to doing it rarely. I just don't know what it could be. I've included a minidump and i've ran msinfo32 and exported the system info. please see the attachments-

I am not sure if this is related
    also skype version 3.6.0.248 is the only version of skype that doesn't crash on this system. every other version of skype just crashes (the system itself doesn't crash just the program). Even the very newest versions of skype crash (straight from skype.com). any other version i try just crashes, i don't know why but i am sure it shouldn't happen. my friend has windows 7 64bit home premium and he doesn't have these skype problems.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,837   +164

The minidumps are flagging LVRS64.sys. The is a Logitech Quickcam driver. I see hard drive corruption too, so it would be wise to run a check on the C drive and test your memory while you are at it...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.