Occasional Desktop gadgets disappearing

learninmypc

My W7.
It seems if I reboot once a day, they'll return after rebooting, but if I go longer, they don't always re appear. I have had to reboot twice in a row & occasionally I've had to shut it down, wait a few minutes & boot it back up.
On my XP I had nothing on my desktop & enjoyed it that way. I have gotten used to the convenience of having the clock,temp & day of week on my W7 but if I keep having this situation, I'll get rid of them. This has been going on for a few months, I've just been trying to be patient hoping it would fix its self. Is there a cure for this that might be easy,or ??? :)

The last time the gadgets disappeared on me was after updating the video drivers. I revert to the older drivers, problem gone. You can try updating video drivers or revert to the old drivers to see whether that will resolve your problem.

To the best of my knowledge, I haven't updated any video drivers. I'm just wondering if rebooting once a day would pre maturely wear anything out?
I had the false impression I was supposed to frequently reboot my XP Pro which is why I think it quit so I'm paranoid about rebooting this pc so often.

Once a day? I doubt it. If you were to press the reset button multiple times a day, then I suppose you can wear it out.

Does closing the gadgets then adding them back in or updating them to a newer version (if not the ones that came w/ Win7) help?

Back